Another pie thread - what do you want next season...?

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Which pies for next season (Tick as many as you like)

• Total voters

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
I'd like the name-drop pie please

Sake, it's only the bloody pie woman, it's not like he casually mentioned Angelina Jolie popped round for coffee, is it? It's not name dropping at all, it seems like a genuine question to me.

brakespear

Doctor Worm
Feb 24, 2009
Sleeping on the roof
Oh and macaroni cheese pie too :thumbsup:

edit: possibly as a quiche/flan type of thing.

Last edited:

Storer 68

Apr 19, 2011
Was chatting to Jo from Piglet's Pantry earlier about the FBS pie thread - she would register on here but she's too frightened. Are you reading this Jo? FRIGHTENED.

Anyhoo, Seagullible crashed round at mine recently, and while nattering he suggested that for each game next season we have a core menu of three pies - say, Steak & Ale, Chicken & Ham, and Veggie Pie - PLUS a fourth 'special' pie, the filling for which would be taken from a pool of another, say, eight or ten pies. I put this to Jo, and she thought it a great idea, and would I put it to the 'big, scary people' who frequent NSC.

So with that in mind...

One - do you like the idea of four different pies each match - the three core pies, plus a special? yes
Two - if so, what pie would you like?a regional one based around the opposition

The options are, within reason, limitless and, subject to approval from Azure and the club, any recipe can be improved / changed for its next appearance in the kiosks.

I'll put a poll up in a mo for some suggestions we talked about, though feel free to add your own (again - within reason). I'm also adding ones which, for obvious reasons would have to be more expensive.

One - do you like the idea of four different pies each match - the three core pies, plus a special? yes
Two - if so, what pie would you like?a regional one based around the opposition

plenty of ones in here
51UMHqt5CZL._BO2,204,203,200_PIsitb-sticker-arrow-click,TopRight,35,-76_AA300_SH20_OU02_.jpg

Last edited:

Box of Frogs

Zamoras Left Boot
Oct 8, 2003
Right here, right now
Another vote for the ham and cheese option here.

Most disappointing moment last season was asking for a chicken ham and leek pie and finding out I had a veggie pie when I got back to my seat! Didn't realise until I had devoured 1/3 of it whilst thinking, there doesn't seem to be a lot of meat in this!

CP 0 3 BHA

Nov 28, 2003
Northants
Chicken and Chorizo or Steak and Stilton would be my preference.

The biggest challenge to this will be getting the marketing right at point of sale - people need to see clearly what's available to be able to order it.

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patron
May 8, 2007
Toronto
Chicken Fajita has got no business being in a pie.

fataddick

Feb 6, 2004
The seaside.
As suggested above, it would make sense, given the guest beer in Dick's/away end being related to the opposition, to have a pie with something reminiscent of the opponents as one of the ingredients.

eg
Cardiff = lamb
Birmingham = balti
Barnsley = black pudding
Palace = human feces

and so on...

Jan 19, 2009
Worthing
As suggested above, it would make sense, given the guest beer in Dick's/away end being related to the opposition, to have a pie with something reminiscent of the opponents as one of the ingredients.

eg
Cardiff = lamb
Birmingham = balti
Barnsley = black pudding
Palace = human feces

and so on...

Hope we never have to play Scunthorpe.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports