Another manager goes

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

From the BBC website...

Ternent leaves Huddersfield post

Ternent won just four of his 15 games in charge of Huddersfield
Huddersfield have parted company with manager Stan Ternent by mutual consent after just six months in charge.

The 62-year-old's management team of assistant Ronnie Jepson and first-team coach Mick Docherty have also left the Galpharm Stadium.

More to follow.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
So thats both our next two league opposition, playing for the first time under new managers....

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Paul Jewell must be odds on to go by 7.45 tonight!

Personally think it's more likely there will be calls for Adams head than Jewells :jester:

Garage_Doors

Originally the Swankers
Jun 28, 2008
Brighton
After beating two of the top three in the division in our last two games, and worst cast scenario, could get beat by Championship opposition, ??

pray tell , how you figure that one :glare:

Icy Gull

Jul 5, 2003
After beating two of the top three in the division in our last two games, and worst cast scenario, could get beat by Championship opposition, ??

pray tell , how you figure that one :glare:

it's all in the :jester:

Jim D

Jul 23, 2003
Worthing
Personally think it's more likely there will be calls for Adams head than Jewells :jester:

I think we'll never know how close Adams came to beating Ternant and Ward out the door. If we had lost to Leicester last week we'd probably have White in charge right now.

Icy Gull

Jul 5, 2003
I think we'll never know how close Adams came to beating Ternant and Ward out the door. If we had lost to Leicester last week we'd probably have White in charge right now.

Here's hoping the Leicester game was Adams version of Fergie when Manchester Utd beat Oxford (in a cup replay??) when he was on the point of being given the heave ho after a dismal start to his career in Manchester :thumbsup:

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Ternant; 4 wins in 15
Adams; 4 wins in 15 [2 in 13 before this week]

I think our board under the circumstances would have shown a great deal more patience anyway, but it wouldn't have been beyond the realms of possibility...

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
the thing is its not just his results that have caused this. The deputy chairman has gone too which has been on the cards for yonks and Ternant was his man.

he brought back Lucketti and Cadamatri and it hasnt worked, and he has 16,000 season ticket holders to pacify , 4000 of them have voted with their feet already.

It surprises me he didnt go before now.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
I really don't understand Huddersfield getting rid of Ternant. Ternant got Bury into what is now League 1, and he did the same with Burnley. Like Jewell, he always has been a slow starter.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
wouldn't surprise me if Aidy Boothroyd was appointed. Ex Watford and a former Town player.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports