Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Annoying Things that Supermarkets Do

Spider

Sep 15, 2007
In the theme of moaning threads, I'm sure this has all been covered before, but what things get on your tits at supermarkets?

1. 2 for ... offers on things like bread - why would I want to buy 2 loaves of bread at the same time? Even if I had a massive family I would want buy fresh as and when it's needed.
2. Bagging up fruit and veg - half the time the loose stuff has all gone because that's what people want. Plus in my local tescos they bag up ginger for £1.30, but the option for loose ginger is still on self-service till, and the price (calculated by weight) on that is about 40p :angry:
3. Why are fresh herbs so f***ing expensive?

Phoenix Arrow

Mitoma Enthusiast
Aug 18, 2009
Sverige
1. 2 for ... offers on things like bread - why would I want to buy 2 loaves of bread at the same time? Even if I had a massive family I would want buy fresh as and when it's needed.
My dad use to get those then freeze one loaf. Pissed me off so much. There was a bakery literally 30 seconds away too which made nicer bread too.

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab
Self service machines really piss me off "please wait for assistance"

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
I read that Tesco were meant to be offering 'buy two, pick up one next time', but it doesn't seem to have happened. Supermarkets contribute to a huge amount of food waste, whether it be directly or indirectly. f***ing scandalous how much time, effort, money and energy is spent on shipping food in, only to either waste it themselves or fob it off on the customer.

I don't like the way they overprice wine and then slash the price in half.

I don't like the way they hold so much power and the ability to push small traders out of business. Whether that be butchers, music shops or bookshops and so on.

I'd like a supermarket to have stood up to the ludicrous ideal of selling perfectly formed produce.There is nothing wrong with a deformed pepper or lemon or kumquat.

Plastic bags. Ban them.

There are plenty of other things, but I've had a brain fade.

Spider

Sep 15, 2007
Not really a supermarkets in general but rather M & S. I really want to know, which wankers is it that spend £4 on pre-packed fruit like a berry collection? It's absurd, and if they stopped doing it the prices would come down! M&S seem to have started selling most of their fruit in vac-packs - 4 apples for about £3 seems to be standard - what the f***?

Also, ridiculously overprices stuff - a few items of the top of my head - tinned coconut milk (£2!!!!), fresh stock (about £1.70...for stock!), grapes (In M&S a bunch of grapes costs £5!) etc.

Spider

Sep 15, 2007
I've noticed that Sainsburys in particular seem to extended their Taste the Difference range to any own brand product which is above average quality and whacked up the price. Especially on fruit and veg. Oranges, for example, should be nice when in season, but instead all the nice ones are all bagged up in Taste the Difference packaging. Same story with tomatoes.

The Spanish

Aug 12, 2008
P
not supermarkets but their punters. old dears poking their fingers in and squeezing the bread. its all fresh its not the 30s any more. there is NO NEED. stop.

Not really a supermarkets in general but rather M & S. I really want to know, which wankers is it that spend £4 on pre-packed fruit like a berry collection? It's absurd, and if they stopped doing it the prices would come down! M&S seem to have started selling most of their fruit in vac-packs - 4 apples for about £3 seems to be standard - what the f***?

Also, ridiculously overprices stuff - a few items of the top of my head - tinned coconut milk (£2!!!!), fresh stock (about £1.70...for stock!), grapes (In M&S a bunch of grapes costs £5!) etc.

Don't go to M&S. Simples.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here