Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Announcing/Clapping the Away Attendance (again)

7oaksgull

Jan 3, 2010
Sevenoaks, Kent
At least the club isn't joining in with this 'love in' with the away fans....oh, hold on a sec...

The Royals were proud to receive a note of thanks on Wednesday afternoon from Brighton and Hove Albion, who took time out to contact the club and praise the behaviour of Reading's fans at the Amex Stadium.

A sell-out allocation of 2,733 supporters travelled down from Berkshire to witness Brian McDermott's men snatch a memorable 1-0 win over the Seagulls - and as has been the case in recent weeks, they were a credit to their team.

Chris Baker, Head Safety Officer and Security Manager for Brighton and Hove Albion, sent the following:

"Just a quick note to let you know what a credit to the club the Reading fans were last night. We had no issues at all and they helped to provide a fantastic atmosphere in the stadium. The rapport between the stewards and fans was excellent and everyone that I spoke to was full of praise for the way the supporters conducted themselves. Please could you ensure that this is conveyed to your media guys as we would like to thank the supporters and wish you all the best for the rest of the season."

Last edited:

Diego Napier

Mar 27, 2010
I booed the Reading fans last night.
I will clap our visitors from now on having read some of the posturing drivel on here.

"Posturing Drivel"? - you're far to lenient with these social inepts.

I'm going to join in with you in clapping the away fans from now on (apart from Millwall & Palace!)

sir albion

Jan 6, 2007
SWINDON
At least the club isn't joining in with this 'love in' with the away fans....oh, hold on a sec...

The Royals were proud to receive a note of thanks on Wednesday afternoon from Brighton and Hove Albion, who took time out to contact the club and praise the behaviour of Reading's fans at the Amex Stadium.

A sell-out allocation of 2,733 supporters travelled down from Berkshire to witness Brian McDermott's men snatch a memorable 1-0 win over the Seagulls - and as has been the case in recent weeks, they were a credit to their team.

Chris Baker, Head Safety Officer and Security Manager for Brighton and Hove Albion, sent the following:

"Just a quick note to let you know what a credit to the club the Reading fans were last night. We had no issues at all and they helped to provide a fantastic atmosphere in the stadium. The rapport between the stewards and fans was excellent and everyone that I spoke to was full of praise for the way the supporters conducted themselves. Please could you ensure that this is conveyed to your media guys as we would like to thank the supporters and wish you all the best for the rest of the season."
Funny that as the away end holds 2585:D

hopkins

Banned
Nov 6, 2003
Brighton
please stop this :facepalm:

The amount of away fans that have come on here saying it was a bit too friendly is ridiculous, not to mention the fact that in general it's just cringeworthy.

I cannot think of any away ground i've ever been to where not only is the away attendance announced but also received a round of applause for turning up. I just do not get why people feel the need to. It's only ever met with sarcastic cheers and chants of 'we filled your stadium' anyway!

Just cannot see any justificaition in doing this. It's genuine ammunition for the 'plastic fans' stereotype.

most people booo'd you idiot !!

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
We booed WSU near North

Smirko

Aug 19, 2011
Brighton
Please stop this :facepalm:

The amount of away fans that have come on here saying it was a bit too friendly is ridiculous, not to mention the fact that in general it's just cringeworthy.

I cannot think of any away ground I've ever been to where not only is the away attendance announced but also received a round of applause for turning up. I just do not get why people feel the need to. It's only ever met with sarcastic cheers and chants of 'we filled your stadium' anyway!

Just cannot see any justificaition in doing this. It's genuine ammunition for the 'plastic fans' stereotype.

Who cares!

Garage_Doors

Originally the Swankers
Jun 28, 2008
Brighton
I really can't why anyone gets upset by it.
Those who show appreciation for fans of another team travelling to support their team clap them to show it.
Those who don't or just don't clap and stay silent.
But why do people get upset by it, Just don't get it :shrug:

FalmerforAll!**

NSC's Most Intelligent
Oct 26, 2005
Burgess Hill
I really can't why anyone gets upset by it.
Those who show appreciation for fans of another team travelling to support their team clap them to show it.
Those who don't or just don't clap and stay silent.
But why do people get upset by it, Just don't get it :shrug:

Because I can't think of one occassion where the away side has applauded back. Instead they sarcastically cheer and take the piss! Even away fans that have the good nature to come on here after the game and feedback say they find it a little too friendly!! Such a pointless exercise, and very tinpot indeed.

elbowpatches

Jul 7, 2003
Cambridge
Booing opposing fans for following their team? Clever. This creates banter then? Not aggressiveness?

Sorry but it is bollocks, create a bad atmosphere and opposing fans won't want to go again, attendances go down and the club suffers both negatively financially and in status (exaggerating I know but you get the point)

Having been to some grounds and having a dreadful volley of abuse for being a Brighton fan i've made the decision not to waste my money going again. Ironically Majeski being one place where I was shocked at the homophobic abuse and I won't give that club my hard earned money when I have to pick and choose the away games I attend.

To those who applaud, why not? Let's change football for the better. Those who boo? Unless they are ripping up the seats or being complete morons (including daft banners) why?

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
It's not North Korea. Clap if you want, don't if you don't.

Exactly, some of our fans must be nervous wrecks, worrying that we're tinpot and cringing when our fans do things they don't like. Chill out some of you. It takes all sorts to support football club. Some you're going to like and some you won't. Live with it.

Garage_Doors

Originally the Swankers
Jun 28, 2008
Brighton
Because I can't think of one occassion where the away side has applauded back. Instead they sarcastically cheer and take the piss! Even away fans that have the good nature to come on here after the game and feedback say they find it a little too friendly!! Such a pointless exercise, and very tinpot indeed.

I understand your feeling, but why get upset by it?
For reference, i have seen away fan clapping back on many occasions, not that it matters.

Jan 30, 2008
booing opposing fans for following their team? Clever. This creates banter then? Not aggressiveness?

Sorry but it is bollocks, create a bad atmosphere and opposing fans won't want to go again, attendances go down and the club suffers both negatively financially and in status (exaggerating i know but you get the point)

having been to some grounds and having a dreadful volley of abuse for being a brighton fan i've made the decision not to waste my money going again. Ironically majeski being one place where i was shocked at the homophobic abuse and i won't give that club my hard earned money when i have to pick and choose the away games i attend.

To those who applaud, why not? Let's change football for the better. Those who boo? Unless they are ripping up the seats or being complete morons (including daft banners) why?
incredible, so you take notice of what people shout at you at a football match :shrug:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here