Announcing/Clapping the Away Attendance (again)

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Horton's halftime iceberg

Blooming Marvellous
Jan 9, 2005
Brighton
think you're wearing blinkers , no one's saying its not all going well at the moment it just seems you've got rose tinted glasses on ................... wake up !!

Been happily on the Albion ride for many years and the best times I have had since the late 70's, wide awake and smelling of BS thanks. :love:

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
Good teams are hated. I like intense atmospheres where the fans don't give a shit. Give me Leeds and Pompey anyday over nice little Blackpool and their nice little fans!

There was no atmosphere whatsoever at Elland Road or Fratton Park, but carry on...

BHAFC_Pandapops

Citation Needed
Feb 16, 2011
f***ing laughable, it's shit like this that has made football into the sterile, happy clappy , US sports style experience it has become.

actually I find laughable the people who think football is an exciting opportunity to portray oneself as an aggressive, disgusting human being. Fair enough, I can sit there and call opposing players cnuts and bastards and all that till the seagulls come home, but at the end of the day I pride myself in being friendly, and not a ****.

You're not a true football fan if you go to be aggressive. People, I find, have started to be aggressive to our own players now because it's not convenient to wait around for away fans to abuse.

Football at Brighton, one of the most welcoming cities on EARTH, isn't about being a primal lout who would even stick out in Whitehawk. It's about flair, and passion, and respect.

Passion does NOT equal calling every away fan every name under the sun. Passion is supporting your team to the fullest in a respectful manner. Passion in away fans is the same. It's not about causing trouble for people. Rather getting to the nitty gritty about football. Understanding football.

Those reading fans on the P&R bus discussing everything Reading & Brighton, right down to substitute ability, youth squads. That's passion.

Those who think of passion as punching someone's head in and going to football for violence and aggression are NOT football fans. They are violence fans.

Accept it. Deal with it.

If you don't like Brighton fans being respectful, then who the f*** are you criticize them? The silent majority, that's who you are. I'd rather have their nice friendly support, because they chant and join it too, as opposed to someone that thinks football is a firm's game.

What stand do you sit in if you're watching the albion? Because there's a misconception that the east and west stands just sit there every game and make no noise, just so as not to offend.

If you can't hear us, doesn't mean we're not there.

BHAFC_Pandapops

Citation Needed
Feb 16, 2011
I don't have a problem with it, and actually think it shows a little bit of class on behalf of the Albion. I have no problem with being considered friendly or nice. However last night due to the extremely niggly performance of the Reading team and the ref I booed the away attendance along with everyone else nearby in my section of the WSU.

where might you be in WSU then?

FREDBINNEY

Banned
Dec 11, 2009
Like it or not, football is tribal, you're deluded if you think that an atmosphere where two sets of fans "give their all for their team" and then namby pambily applaud each other is in any way comparable to a highly charged atmosphere with a hint of , if not downright hostility in the mix.

BHAFC_Pandapops

Citation Needed
Feb 16, 2011
Like it or not, football is tribal, you're deluded if you think that an atmosphere where two sets of fans "give their all for their team" and then namby pambily applaud each other is in any way comparable to a highly charged atmosphere with a hint of , if not downright hostility in the mix.

football is tribal, but why does that give someone the right to tell someone 'you can't do this because it doesn't please me' when they're doing nowt wrong?

FREDBINNEY

Banned
Dec 11, 2009
football is tribal, but why does that give someone the right to tell someone 'you can't do this because it doesn't please me' when they're doing nowt wrong?
It doesnt, but then again i havent seen any posts telling you that you cant clap away fans,just that a lot of people dont like it and seem to find it cringeworthy, nor has there been anybody really advocating violence or abuse of away fans , but that hasnt stopped you indulging in a self righteous orgy of congratulating yourself due to your opposition to this , and your quite frankly, ludicrous assertion that people dicussing the ability of substitutes and youth teams somehow equates to "passion".

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
I think its quite nice and a sporting thing to do. With the exception of Palace, Pompey, Saints, Leeds and Ipswich I have applauded. Ipswich due to the banner.

Mr Everyone

Jan 12, 2008
Long Eaton
Please stop this :facepalm:

The amount of away fans that have come on here saying it was a bit too friendly is ridiculous, not to mention the fact that in general it's just cringeworthy.

I cannot think of any away ground I've ever been to where not only is the away attendance announced but also received a round of applause for turning up. I just do not get why people feel the need to. It's only ever met with sarcastic cheers and chants of 'we filled your stadium' anyway!

Just cannot see any justificaition in doing this. It's genuine ammunition for the 'plastic fans' stereotype.

f*** what other teams do!! I do away games only, and have only been to two games at the Amex this season, but on those two occasions when the away numbers were announced, I applauded. Think it's a nice touch. Baffled as to why you care about how other clubs choose not to mention away numbers???

Gilliver's Travels

Peripatetic
Jul 5, 2003
Brighton Marina Village
Football at Brighton, one of the most welcoming cities on EARTH, isn't about being a primal lout who would even stick out in Whitehawk. It's about flair, and passion, and respect.

Passion does NOT equal calling every away fan every name under the sun. Passion is supporting your team to the fullest in a respectful manner. Passion in away fans is the same. It's not about causing trouble for people. Rather getting to the nitty gritty about football. Understanding football.

Those reading fans on the P&R bus discussing everything Reading & Brighton, right down to substitute ability, youth squads. That's passion.

Those who think of passion as punching someone's head in and going to football for violence and aggression are NOT football fans. They are violence fans.
:thumbsup:

FREDBINNEY

Banned
Dec 11, 2009
actually I find laughable the people who think football is an exciting opportunity to portray oneself as an aggressive, disgusting human being. Fair enough, I can sit there and call opposing players cnuts and bastards and all that till the seagulls come home, but at the end of the day I pride myself in being friendly, and not a ****.

You're not a true football fan if you go to be aggressive. People, I find, have started to be aggressive to our own players now because it's not convenient to wait around for away fans to abuse.

Accept it. Deal with it.

If you don't like Brighton fans being respectful, then who the f*** are you criticize them? The silent majority, that's who you are. I'd rather have their nice friendly support, because they chant and join it too, as opposed to someone that thinks football is a firm's game.

What stand do you sit in if you're watching the albion? Because there's a misconception that the east and west stands just sit there every game and make no noise, just so as not to offend.

This piece of outrageous snobbery hadnt registered until now, you condescending, middle class toss pot, why not go and watch hockey, its where you belong.

D

Deleted member 18477

There was no atmosphere whatsoever at Elland Road or Fratton Park, but carry on...

For starters I meant when they came to the Amex. Leeds fans were loud, and Pompey fans bring bad atmosphere around them wherever they go.

And Really? At fratton park We had Pompey fans swearing at us all game long, giving it the wanker gestures and gay hand gestures. you sure you even went? can't see how you didn't notice all the Brighton fans returning the favour when they missed their penalty in the last minute.

Accept it. Deal with it.

"one of the most welcoming Cities on Earth" and then makes a smart arse comment about an estate of the aforementioned City

BHAFC_Pandapops

Citation Needed
Feb 16, 2011
This piece of outrageous snobbery hadnt registered until now, you condescending, middle class toss pot, why not go and watch hockey, its where you belong.

i shit you not, i walked through whitehawk in my albion shirt and got nowt but shit from a group of lads in a selection of pl shirts.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports