Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Announcing/Clapping the Away Attendance (again)

FalmerforAll!**

NSC's Most Intelligent
Oct 26, 2005
Burgess Hill
I do kind of agree now - used to clap but was mainly just on a high from the stadium!

You must've been loving the atmo last night [MENTION=4033]FalmerforAll!**[/MENTION] - amazing support at the amex eh? :lol:

Now that North Stand drivel appears to have stopped the atmosphere hasn't been all that bad. Nothing special though.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
If [MENTION=11956]bushy[/MENTION] and [MENTION=11191]Das Reich[/MENTION] don't like it, then I'm clapping away fans every time from now on!

What's laughable is people saying clapping the away fans attendance is laughable, it's a 10 second moment in proceedings, booing of course is sooooo much better, well in panto anyway....

Jan 30, 2008
If [MENTION=11956]bushy[/MENTION] and [MENTION=11191]Das Reich[/MENTION] don't like it, then I'm clapping away fans every time from now on!

What's laughable is people saying clapping the away fans attendance is laughable, it's a 10 second moment in proceedings, booing of course is sooooo much better, well in panto anyway....
good for you :fishing:

Horton's halftime iceberg

Blooming Marvellous
Jan 9, 2005
Brighton
Clapping away supporters creates a great "atmosphere" ? Do me a favour , it's cringeworthy, people are laughing AT you for it.

Let them laugh, It doesn't affect me.

I work all around the country and we are such a liked club on my travels, people I talk to love coming down for the football and all the away fans I talk to are so impressed by our new ideas on away fans, the colours, club images, reading out the away attendance, not to speak of the local beers and GREAT ATMOSPHERE they talk about.

So far none of them (even the Palace fans, yes I work in Croydon as well) have laughed at me or the club, perhaps they do behind my back, if so I could always have the last laugh knowing my club gets 100K plus a match for filling the away end to invest in better players.

I cannot say I like all things new in football, but I embrace it, lifes too short to get upset by these things when we have the best Albion side I have ever watched, just wish the seasons were longer now, and hope we keep selling out the away end and getting people into our fantastic stadium and city.

HawkTheSeagull

Jan 31, 2012
Eastbourne
Didnt see anyone clapping in WSL last night, the booing was pretty loud though. I myself couldnt give a toss.

Only fans that need an applause are those choosing to go to the real bad stadiums - like Selhurst or Millwall.

Gilliver's Travels

Peripatetic
Jul 5, 2003
Brighton Marina Village
The club sets out to regard away fans as welcome guests - and not potential criminals. Hence the away end guest ales, lighting colours, team pics slide show, comfy seats and polite stewards. It works. It's appreciated by (usually amazed) visiting fans too. See this thread on the Reading site for more.

Atmosphere at a game surely comes from passionate opposing fans making as much noise as possible in supporting their own team. Not from pathetic, heard-it-all-before mutual abuse by people wishing it was still 1975.

Having a beer afterwards with home fans in the stadium bars is a novel experience for most visitors. So is being applauded for their support. They realise the Albion has dared to be different, and will be a must-do away trip for tens of thousands more people next year. Everyone gains.

The time has come to accept the blindingly obvious: that away fans aren't really inbreds, scum or pikeys. Nope. They're just us, wearing different colours.

Last edited:

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008

Jan 30, 2008
Let them laugh, It doesn't affect me.

I work all around the country and we are such a liked club on my travels, people I talk to love coming down for the football and all the away fans I talk to are so impressed by our new ideas on away fans, the colours, club images, reading out the away attendance, not to speak of the local beers and GREAT ATMOSPHERE they talk about.

So far none of them (even the Palace fans, yes I work in Croydon as well) have laughed at me or the club, perhaps they do behind my back, if so I could always have the last laugh knowing my club gets 100K plus a match for filling the away end to invest in better players.

I cannot say I like all things new in football, but I embrace it, lives too short to get upset by these things when we have the best Albion I have ever watched, just wish the seasons were longer now and hope we keep selling out the away end and getting people into our fantastic stadium and city.
seriousley, that's such a sad post to make, a believer in his own bullshit :nono:

D

Deleted member 18477

The club sets out to regard away fans as welcome guests - and not potential criminals. Hence the away end guest ales, lighting colours, team pics slide show, comfy seats and polite stewards. It works. It's appreciated by (usually amazed) visiting fans too. See this thread on the Reading site for more.

Atmosphere at a game surely comes from passionate opposing fans making as much noise as possible in supporting their own team. Not from pathetic, heard-it-all-before mutual abuse by people wishing it was still 1975.

Having a beer afterwards with home fans in the stadium bars is a novel experience for most visitors. So is being applauded for their support. They realise the Albion has dared to be different, and will be a must-do away trip for tens of thousands more people next year. Everyone gains.

The time has come to accept the blindingly obvious: that away fans aren't really inbreds, scum or pikeys. Nope. They're just us, wearing different colours.

Good teams are hated. I like intense atmospheres where the fans don't give a shit. Give me Leeds and Pompey anyday over nice little Blackpool and their nice little fans!

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Now that North Stand drivel appears to have stopped the atmosphere hasn't been all that bad. Nothing special though.

lol u couldn't resist. As home atmo's go it's right up there with any grounds I've heard on its day. Glad you're staying positive about our fans though :thumbsup:

Horton's halftime iceberg

Blooming Marvellous
Jan 9, 2005
Brighton
seriousley, that's such a sad post to make, a believer in his own bullshit :nono:

Just quoting my experience, perhaps its bullshit you clearly think it is, I love the AMEX the atmosphere it creates, the team it is building, the new fans we are getting, the success it is building, if thats all bullshit then yes I am full of it and very happy with the stench...

Jan 30, 2008

is that so important i don't think so, trying to build bridges DO YOU HAVE TO CROSS IT, like f*** do you, I'LL STICK TOO MY MEANS THANKS :)

Jan 30, 2008
Just quoting my experience, perhaps its bullshit you clearly think it is, I love the AMEX the atmosphere it creates, the team it is building, the new fans we are getting, the success it is building, if thats all bullshit then yes I am full of it and very happy with the stench...
think you're wearing blinkers , no one's saying its not all going well at the moment it just seems you've got rose tinted glasses on ................... wake up !!

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
The club already thank the away fans for coming when they make the announcement over the tannoy. That's probably thanks enough IMHO.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here