Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Announcing/Clapping the Away Attendance (again)

Mr deez

Masterchef
Jan 13, 2005
Why on earth did they deserve a clap last night, they are only up the road. I'd have been amazed if they hadn't filled considering their position.

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
Pies not prawns, also re: your signature I think it's time you reconsidered...

How about a lovely prawn pie?

2849_MEDIUM.jpg

shaolinpunk

[Insert witty title here]
Nov 28, 2005
Brighton
I don't have a problem with it, particularly if they've been vocal (in a good way) and/or they've come a long way to support their team and put money into our club (esp on a weeknight)

BHAFC_Pandapops

Citation Needed
Feb 16, 2011
I think its quite sweet, really.

me too, apart from the away fans are nowt but trouble. I think it's nice that, whereas other clubs might be hostile to away support (Scum, Palarse, Pompey, Millwall) a lot of Brighton fans tell the away fans how much they're appreciated, and that it was nice of them to contribute to the football world at the amex.

Sometimes you just don't clap away fans, but other times, it's nice to. I found the reading bunch a nice lot, until their team started hounding the ref and all that jazz. I still do think they have a nice lot...they weren't giving it large about how they are going to deck us, or how Brighton is just a town full of poofters...rather they were talking about the Brighton and Reading teams, and the ensuing promotion battle. It's nice to have fans like that down at the amex, and it's nice to tell them that they're much appreciated.

Fungus

NSC Patron
May 21, 2004
Truro
I go by how much I've enjoyed the game, If they've been a exciting side fun to watch like the Boro game I clap, if it is a team who 'do a Cardiff' and park the bus I'll boo.

Which means last night I was booing whilst clapping :laugh:

But surely this is about their fans, not the team? I always clap, but it's more deserved if the fans have come a long way, like Boro, or have made an atmosphere of it. That usually adds to the enjoyment.

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford
I booo'd (sp?) not entirely sure why but I've always had this picture of the stereotype Reading fan as being a bit of a drab suburban commuter. Nothing much changed my opinion last night so happy to hurl my little bit of abuse

Is that another black mark for "moaning"

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford
But surely this is about their fans, not the team? I always clap, but it's more deserved if the fans have come a long way, like Boro, or have made an atmosphere of it. That usually adds to the enjoyment.

Wrexham I clapped ... long way to go when the prospects are you're gonna get tonked

FalmerforAll!**

NSC's Most Intelligent
Oct 26, 2005
Burgess Hill
me too, apart from the away fans are nowt but trouble. I think it's nice that, whereas other clubs might be hostile to away support (Scum, Palarse, Pompey, Millwall) a lot of Brighton fans tell the away fans how much they're appreciated, and that it was nice of them to contribute to the football world at the amex.

Sometimes you just don't clap away fans, but other times, it's nice to. I found the reading bunch a nice lot, until their team started hounding the ref and all that jazz. I still do think they have a nice lot...they weren't giving it large about how they are going to deck us, or how Brighton is just a town full of poofters...rather they were talking about the Brighton and Reading teams, and the ensuing promotion battle. It's nice to have fans like that down at the amex, and it's nice to tell them that they're much appreciated.

:wozza:

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Please stop this :facepalm:

The amount of away fans that have come on here saying it was a bit too friendly is ridiculous, not to mention the fact that in general it's just cringeworthy.

I cannot think of any away ground I've ever been to where not only is the away attendance announced but also received a round of applause for turning up. I just do not get why people feel the need to. It's only ever met with sarcastic cheers and chants of 'we filled your stadium' anyway!

Just cannot see any justificaition in doing this. It's genuine ammunition for the 'plastic fans' stereotype.

I do kind of agree now - used to clap but was mainly just on a high from the stadium!

You must've been loving the atmo last night [MENTION=4033]FalmerforAll!**[/MENTION] - amazing support at the amex eh? :lol:

JCL666

absurdism
Sep 23, 2011
There were only smatterings of applause from the East...........mostly booing

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009
I don't have a problem with it, and actually think it shows a little bit of class on behalf of the Albion. I have no problem with being considered friendly or nice. However last night due to the extremely niggly performance of the Reading team and the ref I booed the away attendance along with everyone else nearby in my section of the WSU.

User removed 4

May 9, 2008
Haywards Heath
me too, apart from the away fans are nowt but trouble. I think it's nice that, whereas other clubs might be hostile to away support (Scum, Palarse, Pompey, Millwall) a lot of Brighton fans tell the away fans how much they're appreciated, and that it was nice of them to contribute to the football world at the amex.Sometimes you just don't clap away fans, but other times, it's nice to. I found the reading bunch a nice lot, until their team started hounding the ref and all that jazz. I still do think they have a nice lot...they weren't giving it large about how they are going to deck us, or how Brighton is just a town full of poofters...rather they were talking about the Brighton and Reading teams, and the ensuing promotion battle. It's nice to have fans like that down at the amex, and it's nice to tell them that they're much appreciated.
f***ing laughable, it's shit like this that has made football into the sterile, happy clappy , US sports style experience it has become.

Drumstick

NORTHSTANDER
Jul 19, 2003
Peacehaven

That's a major part of it, If it's a local team and they don't sell out they go down in my points tally you see. If your a nutcase it makes perfect sence.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
f***ing laughable, it's shit like this that has made football into the sterile, happy clappy , US sports style experience it has become.

Yes, its much more fun standing up and shouting obscenities at them because by a cruel twist of fate they support the wrong team. Mirthless plum.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here