West Sussex
shim.gif
shim.gif
shim.gif
shim.gif
Blimey - it's not a joke!

ANKERGREN NAMED PLAYER OF THE MONTH

Posted on: 07.10.2010

Casper Ankergren was celebrating today after winning the September npower League 1 Player of the Month award.

The Brighton & Hove Albion goalkeeper showed inspired form in September conceding just one goal all month during a spell which has seen his side climb to the top of the npower League 1 table.

Peter Beagrie, member of the npower Football League Player of the Month panel commented: " Casper has proven many doubters wrong with some outstanding performances between the sticks for Brighton keeping four clean sheets in his last five games. He is certainly repaying the faith shown in him by ex-Leeds colleague Gus Poyet."

Ankergren fended off competition from Notts County midfielder Ben Davies, Dagenham & Redbridge midfielder Romain Vincelot and Rochdale's Gary Jones to win the npower Football League 1 Player of the Month trophy.

The Football League | News | npower League 1 | npower League 1 news | ANKERGREN NAMED PLAYER OF THE MONTH

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
Isn't double scoop what he does when he tries to catch the ball? :lol:
Obviously they've gone by statistics but I'd say our clean sheets are probably more down to the defence than the keeper, he's had very few serious saves to make.

Couldn't Be Hyypia

We've come a long long way together
NSC Patron
Nov 12, 2006
Near Dorchester, Dorset
I hope you all have shelters under your homes because I suspect the world is spinning off its axis.

Manager of the Month; Player of the Moneht; top of the league. Run for the hills!!!!

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Isn't double scoop what he does when he tries to catch the ball? :lol:
Obviously they've gone by statistics but I'd say our clean sheets are probably more down to the defence than the keeper, he's had very few serious saves to make.
True, although he has been solid enough.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
He's turning some people's opinions of him isn't he... I still can't decide between him and Brez I must admit - very similar in overall ability IMO - Brez is better at claiming crosses for sure but Ank seems all round slightly more solid. They've both made mistakes - unfortunately everyone remembers Anks major one more!

magoo

Jul 8, 2003
United Kingdom
He better damn well dedicate it to his defence. He's pulled off a couple of good reaction saves but he still doesn't come for the ball early enough and he punches when he should catch.

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
He better damn well dedicate it to his defence. He's pulled off a couple of good reaction saves but he still doesn't come for the ball early enough and he punches when he should catch.

I know what you mean. Everytime a ball is crossed into the box I gasp. Havent done that since the Henderson days.

Ankergren doesnt fill me with confidence. Tho in Gus we trust.

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London

I don't understand the attitude towards keepers at our club sometimes. It is almost like we expect them to be Premiership quality. Ankergren isn't confident off his line and that is why he is playing at League One level rather than in the Premier League or Championship. His shot stopping is very good and his distribution is also good but he does have one weakness. However, we have only conceded 2 goals in the last 6 league games so we are not going to drop him and the fans need to support him. In my opinion, Brezovan and Ankergren are both good keepers at this level and I would be happy with either in the team but as Ankergren is in possession and we are doing well, he will keep the shirt.

FFF

Apr 3, 2010
Shots on target:
Tranmere 5
Brentford 4
Oldham 3
Plymouth 6
Carlisle 3
MK Dons 0

That makes a total of 21 shots on target, 4 clean sheets and we have only conceded twice.

Am I the only one who feels that he totally deserves this award?

kevtherev

Feb 28, 2008
Tunbridge Wells
Makes the Casper doubters look a bit silly. Although I wonder how many games the people that make the decisions actualy watch. Elphick has been my player of season so far, although it is a close run thing.

deletebeepbeepbeep

May 12, 2009
Shots on target:
Tranmere 5
Brentford 4
Oldham 3
Plymouth 6
Carlisle 3
MK Dons 0

That makes a total of 21 shots on target, 4 clean sheets and we have only conceded twice.

Am I the only one who feels that he totally deserves this award?

No, no you're not.

He's not Kuipers though so some people will never be happy until we fnid some anti-ageing serum and inject into Kuipers brain so that he can play for us indefinitely.

Perkino

Dec 11, 2009
No, no you're not.

He's not Kuipers though so some people will never be happy until we fnid some anti-ageing serum and inject into Kuipers brain so that he can play for us indefinitely.

I never was a kuipers fan but am not convinced by Ankergren. He makes me gasp everytime the ball is heading towards him. and him winningthe player of the month award would be like Cech getting it for Chelsea.

I think our defence and general team play has helped him hugely and out of everyone I'd have said Elphick has been the most worthy of such an award for september.

But in all fairness I don't think any of our players have deserved the player of the month award, although Gus certainly has deserved the manager of the month

deletebeepbeepbeep

May 12, 2009
If any striker won the award you'd have to also accept that his providers player their part, you could say that for any position, it's a team game The fact is he did his job and has only conceded twice in the last 6 games, twice.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here