Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Anfield ticket binfest.....

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
If there are FIVE games live on TV (Friday night, Saturday 12.30 and 5.15, and two on Sunday) out of EIGHT fixtures, I think we have to accept that this is likely to be on the box.

The TV companies are only interested in ratings, and of the remaining teams Liverpool have the biggest following abroad, so it would certainly be popular from ESPN's perspective, and ITV love their mawkish sentimentality too, so Clive Tylsdesley can get himself prepared and will only have to learn the players names for one team as he already supports the other.

I can't see five better fixtures from a TV exec's perspective, so we will have to wait and see until the schedules are announced.

Manx Shearwater

Jun 28, 2011
Brighton
...so Clive Tylsdesley can get himself prepared and will only have to learn the players names for one team as he already supports the other.

Tyldesly has admitted several times that he is a Man Utd supporter.

Manx Shearwater

Jun 28, 2011
Brighton
I think he overcompensates on Liverpool (he does say very complimentary things about them when commentating on them) but he does like to mention "that balmy night in Barcelona" a lot, a reference to Man Utd's European Cup Win, and has admitted that he supports them.

Alan Parry is a Liverpool supporter.

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
Any idea how soon we are likely to know what day it will be?

leigull

Sep 26, 2010
Do we have to wait for the replays to be decided before TV confirm which games will be shown and when?

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
Do we have to wait for the replays to be decided before TV confirm which games will be shown and when?

I think they will announce by Wednesday, it would be too late to await the replays, and to be honest they don't make much difference in terms of how appetising the ties would be, as Blackpool/Sheff Wed are about the same degree of appeal, as are 'Boro/Sunderland and Millwall/Southampton.

leigull

Sep 26, 2010
I think they will announce by Wednesday, it would be too late to await the replays, and to be honest they don't make much difference in terms of how appetising the ties would be, as Blackpool/Sheff Wed are about the same degree of appeal, as are 'Boro/Sunderland and Millwall/Southampton.

True. Just the whole ESPN/S4C fiasco of round 3 has dented my confidence in booking any trips too early!

RickofBHAFC

Jul 27, 2004
Is this . . . . :fishing: ?

If not makes me really angry! :rant::angry:

Not an STH anymore because of my job and its impractical but followed Brighton for 34 years, was an STH at the Goldstone for a number of years and at Gillingham (only missed 1 'home' game) and for the first 2 seasons at Withdean - just about to miss my first Palace game in 30 odd years as cannot get a ticket! GGGGRRRR :angry::angry::angry::rant::rant::rant::censored::

I sympathize with how jobs can conflict with other commitments. I also respect you gillingham commitment to the club. Im surprised *though that if you really wanted to go you couldn't and still can't get a ticket. I wonder if any kind soul on here could help. But I stress you should make it clear that you do really want to go and you are not just being a feeble complainer.

Yeah it's nailed on - i am goin ticket or not and hope to pick one up somewhere! I did try desparately and know a lot of other STHs but no one has a spare ticket so if anyone can help - appreciated!!!!

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
I won't be able to go if it's on the Sat, so praying it will be Fri or Sun...

No chance. It'll sell out at the 1,250 mark.

Not a hope in hell.

Firstly - who has 1250 points? The answer is those who were STH's at Withers and Die Hards this year who are STH's and managed to clock up a further 250 points (not that easy when all your home games are included.

So, we have the 4000 STH's from Withers, and a figure in the 100's for those STH's (non withdean) who have clocked up a further 250. I know we also have the 1901 ers who got the bonus, but remember these guys can't earn extra for home cup matchs.

So assume we have 5000 who are on 1250. How many of those do you think will travel?

Well, the best away attendance this year was 3000 at St Mary's. Considering the form at the time of both teams, nice time of day and geographical reasons, this is about as good as it gets for popularity.

Now, this game did sell out, but not to 1250 pointers, not to 1000 pointers but to anyone on the database.

We will get 6000 tickets and they will be offered for sale to those who have 1250 points. After this period ends, I would suggest about 40% of those eligible will have taken up the offer, so we should still have 4000 tickets remaining. We now only have 12,000 STH's to cater for.

This 12,000 are not quite so die hard for away games (based on the fact we had 4000 last year and 18000 this year but away attendances have not increased, despite being a division higher), so I would sav 20% of this 12000 will take a ticket. This will leave 1600.

Of that 1600 the club's next bracket might be 300 points (maybe 500 people here?) These are top drawer supporters who for whatever reason could not commit to a ST but never the less, hardly miss a game. Of these 500 (guess) I suspect 90% will take a ticket, leaving 1150.

Maybe the next bracket is 100 points. Here I would suggest we have about 2000 (based on the fact that we can't sell more than 1500 for a home game and the majority will be repeat attendees). These are the fans that can't commit to all the games they would like, so have to cherry pick, based on work commitments, opposition etc. I would expect about 30% of these to want to go. This will leave 550.

The club will then move to 50 points and 10 points, so all those who grabbed tickets for the cup games (either coz they like a glamour tie or these were the only games they could get tickets for) and here we probably have about 5000 punters. These fans love Brighton, but with it being on TV and the expense and distance involved (many will also be kids in this group)we will only see 10% take a ticket.

So, this may leave a binfest for the last 100 or so tickets for all those with zero points that have a purchase history from the last 3 years.

Just all IMHO mind....

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here