Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[News] Andy the other ones account

Andylegoub

Mar 9, 2024
Hi NSC Andy here ‘the other one’ that got stabbed in Rome. Haven’t been in the media as much through choice as I am not a huge fan of all of that stuff. However I just want to reach out to say a massive thank you for all the well wishes and help from everyone here regarding the attack myself and Jack have received, it has been truly overwhelming and massively appreciated.

Whilst I am here I will give my account of the events as I remember it quite well not having been beaten up that bad.

Mostly reiterating what’s already been said We were walking back from the Irish bar where Brighton fans had based themselves, got to around half way up the street minding our business, when I turned and saw the group of 15+ strong (not 6/7) with scarves over faces. I alerted everyone to run and luckily most got away, but as Joey and Jack were at the back they got circled seeing what was unfolding in the split second I decided to try and kick them out the way and stand some ground but there was just too many. Each of us having 3/4 on us and was probably better to take it as they were armed.
As I was able to defend myself a bit I got off quite lightly as surrounding shops and cars started making a racquet which shooed them off before they could do much damage to me and they dipped. We then collected ourselves and got to the nearest restaurant which I’d like to thank also - I believe was Cuoco & Camicia who helped us by calling the ambulance and police, helped treat us ect.

The rest covered well by Jack in his Argus interview.

A lot of could have should have would ofs but we are all in good spirits and look forward to beating them 5-0 Thursday! Again massive thank you to everyone.

Andy

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Very pleased to hear everything seems ok now after a dreadful experience.

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
Thanks for the account. It's always interesting to read although saddening, how low lives act in such reprehensible ways. This incident was awful but could have ended up even worse, I am very glad you and your mates are okay and recovering.

Cotton Socks

Skint Supporter
Feb 20, 2017
I'm very disappointed that your username isn't 'Andy, The other one' or even just 'The Other One' :lolol:

Littlemo

Aug 25, 2022
I’m glad you are ok. Thanks for your account it’s sad that you’ve had to face this kind of shit just by going to a match.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here