Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Andy Naylor - Dedicated Journalist

Soul Finger

May 12, 2004
Lots of comments about 'not paying for it'.

Journalists need to earn a living like everyone else.

This entitlement culture of not paying for things has diluted quality and enabled people who can't write – but have opinions – to come to the fore with blogs and other social media. Some of it is excellent, mind, but the majority is sensationalist drivel.

It's a shame we're at a point in time where people don't think they should pay for a service/craft which takes many years to hone and perfect.

Aug 11, 2003
The Open Market
Never asks the hard questions he’s a BHA cheerleader.

That's not his job; it's not what he's been asked to do.

But as you don't subscribe to the Athletic, you won't know that, and so are not in a position to comment.

For the most part through this thread, the negative comments have clearly come from people who have no idea what his remit is; what he has been asked to do. Meanwhile, back in the real world, he is doing what his bosses are asking of him, and writing plenty of good copy, featuring some excellent prose. And featuring analysis not featured elsewhere - another example of those who don't read his work being the first to comment in their own echo chamber.

I don't give a toss if he comes across as aloof or distant. That's their problem those who do.

What a pity The Clown Of Pevensey Bay felt he had to write what he did, as it's such an obvious state of affairs that he highlights, it's embarrassing that it needed saying in the first place.

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
That's not his job; it's not what he's been asked to do.

But as you don't subscribe to the Athletic, you won't know that, and so are not in a position to comment.

For the most part through this thread, the negative comments have clearly come from people who have no idea what his remit is; what he has been asked to do. Meanwhile, back in the real world, he is doing what his bosses are asking of him, and writing plenty of good copy, featuring some excellent prose. And featuring analysis not featured elsewhere - another example of those who don't read his work being the first to comment in their own echo chamber.

I don't give a toss if he comes across as aloof or distant. That's their problem those who do.

What a pity The Clown Of Pevensey Bay felt he had to write what he did, as it's such an obvious state of affairs that he highlights, it's embarrassing that it needed saying in the first place.
Good for him, his performance today was very child like, the condescending tone towards BHA fans which I’m guessing is his target audience is pitiful.

lhughes

Nov 27, 2012
Toronto, Canada
Confused by the tweet suggesting we have many forward options this season but added Sarmiento & Ferguson to this seasons list.

Weren't they available to us last season (Sarmientos injuries aside)?

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
Confused by the tweet suggesting we have many forward options this season but added Sarmiento & Ferguson to this seasons list.

Weren't they available to us last season (Sarmientos injuries aside)?

It was designed to wind fans up. Just ignore it.-

Bakero

Languidly clinical
Oct 9, 2010
Almería
I've just read Andy Naylor's "Who'd have thought it" article in the Athletic, in which he states he went to the Goldstone as a child with his long-term season ticket holding grandparents. He also says he went to school in Woodingdean and has advised his Arsenal-supporting son-in-law to raise his grandchild a Brighton fan.

If he has all these Brighton connections, how'd he end up supposed Stoke?

GrossTurn

Jun 20, 2020
I've just read Andy Naylor's "Who'd have thought it" article in the Athletic, in which he states he went to the Goldstone as a child with his long-term season ticket holding grandparents. He also says he went to school in Woodingdean and has advised his Arsenal-supporting son-in-law to raise his grandchild a Brighton fan.

I believe it was something quite tenuous like Gordon Banks (then at Stoke) being a favourite player of his when he was a kid, or something.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
I believe it was something quite tenuous like Gordon Banks (then at Stoke) being a favourite player of his when he was a kid, or something.
It was, I once asked him the question at an Albion do and that was exactly his answer. I once supported Spurs because they won the double when I was a glory hunter of 10. From a previous poll a large number of Albion fans were glory hunters when young, it’s what kids do. Luckily kids from Sussex can now be Albion supporting Glory Hunters from a very young age

zeemeeuw

Apr 8, 2006
Somerset

Oh dear, talk about backing the wrong horse!

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
It was, I once asked him the question at an Albion do and that was exactly his answer. I once supported Spurs because they won the double when I was a glory hunter of 10. From a previous poll a large number of Albion fans were glory hunters when young, it’s what kids do. Luckily kids from Sussex can now be Albion supporting Glory Hunters from a very young age
Just stop that Spurs nonsense, you only get one confession….. 😉😂

Presumably you became an Albion fan in 75 when Joe Kinnear and Phil Beal joined the Albion?

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Just stop that Spurs nonsense, you only get one confession….. 😉😂

Presumably you became an Albion fan in 75 when Joe Kinnear and Phil Beal joined the Albion?
Close, the transition started when we beat Palace 2-0 at the Goldstone. I only went to the game to see what all the fuss was about Malcolm Alison’s Palace and Peter Taylor :eek:

Harry Wilson had a blinder and kept Taylor in his pocket
I had only been living in Brighton for a few months
I now prefer Arsenal to Spurs too :smile:

tigertim68

Sep 3, 2012
Close, the transition started when we beat Palace 2-0 at the Goldstone. I only went to the game to see what all the fuss was about Malcolm Alison’s Palace and Peter Taylor :eek:

Harry Wilson had a blinder and kept Taylor in his pocket
I had only been living in Brighton for a few months
I now prefer Arsenal to Spurs too :smile:
What a game that was , and the atmosphere was amazing

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Not glory hunters - just supporting their home pro club which is suddenly fashionable. The lost generation of the 90s / 00s have had kids - it’s great and it’s what we all wanted. I’m finding so many plastics getting all shitty about the Albion when the fact is they’re jealous 🤣

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
When I was a kid I supported Aston Villa as much as Brighton, I won the St Luke's School Juniors Subbuteo League playing as them (a title I never stopped reminding my late brother of). But it gets boring supporting good teams, so I settled with Albion. I'm the original un-glory hunter. At this rate I'll be looking for another team.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here