Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Andy Johnson

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
Indeed. They were almost carbon copy incidents. If the ref is going to follow the rules, then the other two should have been retaken.

Always nice to see him miss though and we got to see it twice. :clap2:

JJ McClure

Go Jags
Jul 7, 2003
Hassocks
Didn't see Johnson dive or cheat once during the game. The officials were pretty toss though, if the first pen had to be retaken then the other two should have as well. Just goes to show the lottery of penalties, first one was a cracker, how he followed it up with two such cack ones is bizzare

Trigger

Jul 4, 2003
Brighton
Officials were DREADFUL, among the worst I've EVER seen in a European game... However, it's nice to see that PRICK Johnson going through such a tough spell.

paulie

Jul 27, 2004
Officials were DREADFUL, among the worst I've EVER seen in a European game... However, it's nice to see that PRICK Johnson going through such a tough spell.

He'll come good, he's got class. Something you lot have not witnessed for a long time as you descend into a clueless pub side.

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
Must admit that I wish Johnson (and Iain Dowie) all the success in the world for the simple reason that Palace fans will be wondering what might have been.

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
He'll come good, he's got class. Something you lot have not witnessed for a long time as you descend into a clueless pub side.

Ooooooh. :lol:

Class is something that you are distinctly lacking at the moment and will continue to do so with your poor transfers and dull manager. Pinning your hopes on Jose, are we? I heard he was spotted with Simon Jordan. :jester:

paulie

Jul 27, 2004
Must admit that I wish Johnson (and Iain Dowie) all the success in the world for the simple reason that Palace fans will be wondering what might have been.

Being a Brighton fan you must wonder what might have been a lot as you swill around the lower leagues with crap teams and terrible attendances.

You're probably too young to remember Brighton finishing above Palace - 23 years is a long time.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Just goes to show the lottery of penalties, first one was a cracker, how he followed it up with two such cack ones is bizzare

Not really true though - the first one he just blasted, and the retake he put in the corner. If, just for argument's sake the keeper had stood still both times, then the first one would have been 'shit' and the retake 'a good finish'.

The third one........[David Moyes did NOT look happy!]

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
Being a Brighton fan you must wonder what might have been a lot as you swill around the lower leagues with crap teams and terrible attendances.

You're probably too young to remember Brighton finishing above Palace - 23 years is a long time.

What might have been and how?

You get used to playing at this sort of level, but it makes those better moments all the sweeter. Namely beating teams with far greater budgets on their own turf and pulling up a few trees along the way.

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003

14,000 for your 'derby' against Dowie and you're talking about crap attendances!!
:D

As for wondering what might have been, we don't have to do that any longer as we can see the joke Peter Taylor has made of your club.
:D

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
What might have been and how?

You get used to playing at this sort of level, but it makes those better moments all the sweeter. Namely beating teams with far greater budgets on their own turf and pulling up a few trees along the way.

Nail head hit.

Les Biehn

GAME OVER
Aug 14, 2005
Funny now that refs have cottoned on to his diving he doesn't get anywhere near as much goals.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
I'd rather have Andy Johnson in my team that that gap toothed greedy twat, Jermaine Defoe.

And it would have been so much funnier watching him miss two penalties if he was still playing for Palace. Then again, Palace in Europe is of course a ridiculous notion.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here