Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Andros Townsend

bobbyzam

Jul 5, 2006
London
I played in a corporate 6 a side football tournment in London last night with work. It was organised in the name of Spurs and was run by a couple of guys that do some admin work for Spurs and also coach some of the youth team. I got talking with one of them afterwards and when I told him I was a Brighton fan, he said that one of their youngsters was joining us on a season long loan. He said it was their left winger Andros Townsend. Apparently he is away playing for one of the England junior sides, U19's or U20's I forget which one, at the moment, but on his return he will be linking up with us.

Having seen him play for Orient a couple of times last year against us, I reckon he would be a pretty decent signing and would perhaps solve our problems on the left hand side.

Turkey

Jul 4, 2003
My Spurs supporting mate said Harry said Townsend wouldnt be going out on loan this season and he's currently in the States training with the 1st teams squad. :/

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
could be both on loan - lualua's injury record isn't great so quality cover off the bench would be a real bonus.

highway61

Jun 30, 2009
England Under-19 squad for the European Championships in Normandy, France, July 18-30:
Declan Rudd (Norwich City), James Severn (Derby County); Nathan Baker (Aston Villa), Stephen Caulker (Tottenham), Matthew Briggs (Fulham), Reece Brown (Manchester United), Nathaniel Clyne (Crystal Palace), Thomas Cruise (Arsenal), Josh Thompson (Celtic); John Bostock, Dean Parrett, Andros Townsend (all Tottenham), Matthew James (Manchester United), Jacob Mellis (Chelsea), Matthew Phillips (Wycombe); Nathan Delfouneso (Aston Villa), Ryan Donaldson (Newcastle United), Frank Nouble (West Ham).

Turkey

Jul 4, 2003
England Under-19 squad for the European Championships in Normandy, France, July 18-30:
Declan Rudd (Norwich City), James Severn (Derby County); Nathan Baker (Aston Villa), Stephen Caulker (Tottenham), Matthew Briggs (Fulham), Reece Brown (Manchester United), Nathaniel Clyne (Crystal Palace), Thomas Cruise (Arsenal), Josh Thompson (Celtic); John Bostock, Dean Parrett, Andros Townsend (all Tottenham), Matthew James (Manchester United), Jacob Mellis (Chelsea), Matthew Phillips (Wycombe); Nathan Delfouneso (Aston Villa), Ryan Donaldson (Newcastle United), Frank Nouble (West Ham).

TheFA.com - Football and fitness

"Changes in the squad this week have seen Blackburn Rovers midfielder Jason Lowe join the group in place of Andros Townsend whilst goalkeeper Lee Nicholls has taken the place of James Severn."

Not that it matters

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I would sooner have Townsend as he is nearly as quick as Lua Lua and is better with the ball and his distribution is better. No convinced that it will happen though.

HP Seagull

Danny Cullip: Hero
Sep 26, 2008
If had not been for the fact that it is surely Townsend OR LuaLua, I would be jumping for joy. I would far prefer to have Kazenga but if we could get both of them it would be incredible. Them and a top striker and I reckon we will get promoted.

Bring back Bryan wade!!

I wanna caravan for me ma
Jun 28, 2010
Hassocks

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here