Android Apps

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Colossal Squid

Returning video tapes
Feb 11, 2010
Under the sea
The Google+ app is great (provided you have a Google+ account). I really like how it automatically uploads all your photos and videos for you to decide later whether you want to share them or do something else with them. Saves having to connect your phone to your computer, or bluetooth them or whatever.

Spotify is excellent, again if you have an account.

Juice Defender is great at extending your battery life.

Swype makes texting/emailing quicker.

DI Radio, if you like electronic music.

Google Goggles is good for identifying things and grabbing those crazy square barcodes.

Google Listen is good for podcasts.

Voucher Cloud for discounts galore.

ECB Cricket, if you like cricket.

I still think it's missing a really good football scores app, like the iPhone has, although FotMob Soccer Scores does the job.

And as for games I like:

GBA Emulator will play Gameboy Advance games, such as Pokemon

Glow Hockey, simple air hockey game which I LOVE.

All the Angry Birds games are fun, free and addictive

Slice It, again very simple but very addictive

Pocket Legends, a top down three on three football like game

Gary Leeds

May 5, 2008
Game Dev Story and Grand Prix Story if you like management/strategy games. Try the lite versions first if you are unsure

mindyjaja

May 9, 2004
I recall seomone talking about an app for The Amex Stadium being developed - any news on that?

DanielT

shop savvy is great for price comparison when you're shopping. scan the barcode and find it cheaper
doggcatcher (not free) for podcasts
google sky map for looking up at night
handcent for sms
run pee for knowing when in a film is an ok time to run out & use the loo!
tapatalk for nsc
torch - for turning the camera flash into a torch
words free - (words for friends)

RickofBHAFC

Jul 27, 2004
Can anyone recommend any good apps for android phones?

Try the following:

Bubble - turns your phone into a spirit level (free)
Labyrinth Lite - you know the game where you manouevre the metal ball through the maze without dropping it down the holes? Yep it's that - very frustrating! Can download as a free app then upgrade to play higher levels.
NetQin Security - virus protection for your phone (free)
Where's My Droid - this is an excellent app if you ever switch your phone onto silent or vibrate and then mislay your phone. (I have to do this when I am at work then forget to turn sound back on when I come home!) You simply send a coded text from another phone and it will switch the ringer on your phone on and start ringing it so you can locate it.

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
Do they do an iPhone emulator?

cammac

Nov 12, 2011
Eastbourne
`football league` app set to Brighton get all the fixtures,tables and news etc etc
`Google sky map`
`HDR camera`
`PicsIn`
`History eraser`

Ned

Real Northern Monkey
Jul 16, 2003
At Home
Advanced task killer - keeps your battery from draining by stopping the phone running apps in the background.

Where's my droid - helps you find your phone (even if its switched to silent)

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
yes, it greatly limits what you can do with your phone

Fair enough I just got a new android phone for work, replacing my old company iPhone. I can't get on with it at all, emails take forever to send, or get stuck in the outbox, emails fail to arrive in inbox, calendar doesn't sync with company server, just not a good experience so far. All things the old iphone did without error or hassle. At least they are cheap though, saved to firm a few quid, up front and for replacements. Me, I went out and bought an iPhone for myself, might even put the work emails on it to save carrying both around, and to make life easier.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports