Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Andrew Moran

Nobby Cybergoat

Jul 19, 2021
This would be quite a high level for his first loan. If he can break into this side it would be a massive feather in his cap.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
my daughters boyfriend won 3 A grade medals with sorrento fc before unfortunately suffering a catastrophic knee injury whilst on tour in south america , venezuela to be precise .........he's an electrician now and a lovely lad , " shitehouse" really isn't the way forward here....we have frequently talked about McGinn as he has a lot of family around Brum and the word is from him and his dad the McGinn aint really even all that ......but look at him go , you see harry , with kids , it's all about belief , faith and confidence ............Britain strangles most of its talent in the cradle.
Someone just bounced this. I was just messing about you daft old sod :wink:

BevBHA

Jan 23, 2017
Lots of noise about Moran on Twitter from Irish fans. Quite a few even saying he is Ireland’s ‘brightest prospect’ ahead of even Ferguson

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Fair point - I get that but I just feel Moran is ahead of where the others were - guess we’ll see anyway
We'll see (if, of course, he actually does go to Blackburn on loan). I was wrong about Khadra anyway! 2021-22 we had a load of loanees in The Championship (4 or 5 IIRC) - this year most of our loanees were at a lower level, and not all successful, unfortunately. Consequently, I guess a Championship loan seems a bit more adventurous.
Will be following his progress with great interest if the move does go ahead - hopefully the 2023-24 Loanee Tracker Thread will be full of exciting good news!!

Jolly Red Giant

Jul 11, 2015
Fair point - I get that but I just feel Moran is ahead of where the others were - guess we’ll see anyway
Moran would not have been given the contract extension he got unless the club's hierarchy thought a lot of him.

He is certainly very highly regarded in the Irish underage set-up and while he probably needs another year - he is a midfielder that Ireland so badly needs at the moment.

Jolly Red Giant

Jul 11, 2015
Lots of noise about Moran on Twitter from Irish fans. Quite a few even saying he is Ireland’s ‘brightest prospect’ ahead of even Ferguson
I wouldn't go that far - Ferguson is an exceptional talent and for an 18 year-old has so much more potential to fulfil.

Moran is a different type of player and I think will take a little longer to make his mark. If he is even half as good as what Ferguson could achieve then Ireland will have its best midfielder since Roy Keane.

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
Exactly what he needs, a loan in a physical league like the championship. I hope he gets plenty of game time.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
Blackburn have been rumoured to have been after him for months, wonder what took so long to get it all finalised.
Perhaps we wanted him a cover if a number of 1st teamers got injured or suspended. Maybe we’ve got a different plan now? He certainly looks like he is in form so Blackburn would have surely been pushing very hard.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here