Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Andrew Crofts

comeinpeace1

Jan 28, 2011
Norwich supporter here - just wondered what went wrong for you today?

Team play badly, or just unlucky? No matter - you will still be in the Championship next year.

You guys obviously realised that Crofts was a good player - we certainly didn't - glad Lambert did!

Anyway I haven't seen it yet but his second goal today was supposed to be an absolute cracker. Ours is the featured game on the footy league show.

For anyone old enough to remember it's been likened to Justin Fashanu's goal of the season in the 1980's - see youtube if you aren't old enough!

Good luck for the rest of the season.

deletebeepbeepbeep

May 12, 2009
Glad Croftys doing well, my favourite player for us during his time here and was gutted when he left. I didn't go today but it sounds like we were woeful.

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
Crofty was clearly destined for a higher level of football than League One, despite Gillingscum loaning him out to non league(!).

Very pleased he's doing so well for you, and will certainly watch out for the goal, but being someone who is old enough, I have my doubts that it'll compare to Fashanus effort.

lizard

Well-hung member
Jul 14, 2005
We were poor today, just a blip.
Was sad to see Crofts go, glad he's doing well for you.

P.s. hands off Bennett!

El Turi

Injured
Aug 13, 2005
Argentina
I'm surprised how well Crofts has done this season. He looked a good player for us last year but I wasn't sure that he was up to Championship football.

West Hoathly Seagull

Honorary Ruffian
Aug 26, 2003
Sharpthorne/SW11
I'm surprised how well Crofts has done this season. He looked a good player for us last year but I wasn't sure that he was up to Championship football.

He used to play for Gillingham when they were in the Championship; he scored against us on Boxing Day 2004 with a bullet header, but we came back to win 2-1. At the time, I thought he was a striker - I was quite surprised to find he was a midfielder when he signed for us. He could have done with a good creative midfielder alongside him (though I guess Dicker didn't do badly), but as a box-to-box midfielder he was a class act. I was very sorry to lose him, but he was never going to turn Norwich down, and the deal (was it £300 or £400 thousand?) was good for us. Still think we miss him at times though. Sparrow has not been an adequate replacement in my view, and is far, far less versatile.

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patron
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
Cheers mate good post

Djmiles

Barndoor Holroyd
Dec 1, 2005
Kitchener, Canada
He was only with us for 1 season, but I will always have a lot of time for Crofts. Great player who always gave 100%. Glad to see him doing well.

scooter1

How soon is now?
He was only with us for 1 season, but I will always have a lot of time for Crofts. Great player who always gave 100%. Glad to see him doing well.

He was a nice bloke too. I spoke to him at the end of season sponsors do and he just seemed like a really nice fella. Well done to him, he did well for us and moved upwards. I still hope they don't get promoted and we do, and we beat them twice next season(nothing personal though...)

comeinpeace1

Jan 28, 2011
how many goals did he score for you? He's got 8 for us so far - think it was a good deal for us too.

Wish we had some scoring strikers at the moment though!

You will probably be nicking players back again when you get promoted - new stadium etc! But if the Championship is tough this year, I think it will be tougher next.

Good job you have a good manager in Gus!

mistahclarke

Jul 28, 2009
it was quite similar actually, muddy pitch, same position.

comeinpeace1

Jan 28, 2011
think Fash maybe shaded it - but very close!

Whats the best Brighton goals of all time? On youtube?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here