Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Andre Gray .. 4 match ban and £25,000 fine for Twitter posts

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Those who say it's wrong or unfair: what should the cut-off point be?

If you're going to post that particular women are "slags" or wishing that gay people would burn and die, should there be some sort of amnesty if nobody notices within 24 hours? A fortnight? Six months? Two years?

He's a rich footballer who no doubt employs agents to look after his every affair. Perhaps he should have thought about his social media history before he was found out, and asked one of them to deal with it. Likewise, Burnley will also have staff who deal with player welfare and so on. It would seem a wise move in this day and age for clubs- clubs who are willing to pay players like Gray millions of pounds per year- to pay a few quid more to employ somebody to carry out due diligence on their prospective and current players,, in order to make sure they don't have skeletons in their closet like Gray obviously does.

Incidentally, he was papped recently, hanging around with a notorious drug dealer, who's just gone down for a hefty stint inside for supplying heroin & cocaine. Nice guy, nice mates, it seems.

Kalimantan Gull

Aug 13, 2003
Central Borneo / the Lizard
Totally agree. Some of the racist shit jokes my classmates came out with back in the 80's, if there had been social media back then, if anyone of them had been successful, someone would have dragged it up to expose and ridicule, and probably destroy them. People do change, mature and grow up. IMO it is totally relevant when he posted that stuff. It was not when he was a Burnley player. If it was not considered newsworthy or worth making an issue of 4 years ago, it shouldn't be now, just become his career has gone on an upward curve. He has said he was in a bad place then, and is a different person now, and regrets what he posted. Are we now such a vindictive society that we take pleasure in hounding people because of something distasteful they said a few years ago ? This desperate desire to become offended on behalf of other people is an awful development
Hang on, I shouldn't be bothered by racism if I'm not black?

Interesting concept

Sent from my GT-I8262 using Tapatalk

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here