Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Andone coming back!

father_and_son

Jan 23, 2012
Under the Police Box
Potter must consider him if he returns and is fit.

We all have had to work with / manage people that we maybe personally dislike but that doesn't mean that they aren't good at their job and a valuable asset to the business..

Personal / personality differences have to be put to one side when you are managing a business.

I would love to see him play for us again.

It's a team game and if you can't get on with the rest of the team then you are a liability not an asset.

You are right in that it doesn't matter if the fans think he's a petulant tw@t who bad mouthed the fans, club and city he left rather too quickly for it to not mean something. However, if the rest of the squad think he's toxic to the dressing room culture then he can get straight back on the next flight out of Shoreham.

It'll remain a No from me. He's was a tw@t, is a tw@t and, I suspect, always will be a tw@t and won't make us better whatever his personal skill level. (And the Turks don't want him so he's not *that* good anyway)

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
It's a team game and if you can't get on with the rest of the team then you are a liability not an asset.

You are right in that it doesn't matter if the fans think he's a petulant tw@t who bad mouthed the fans, club and city he left rather too quickly for it to not mean something. However, if the rest of the squad think he's toxic to the dressing room culture then he can get straight back on the next flight out of Shoreham.

It'll remain a No from me. He's was a tw@t, is a tw@t and, I suspect, always will be a tw@t and won't make us better whatever his personal skill level. (And the Turks don't want him so he's not *that* good anyway)

I can understand his frustration previously, but when we changed manager he definitely should've given it a bit more time. Potter started him in the first game of the season - it was clear that he was in plans at least to some extent.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex

Isn't the likely destination of the next flight out of Shoreham likely to be...

...Shoreham?

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
No going back with Potter I think.

Which is a complete contradiction to the scholarly, thinking man, second chance, GPott we were sold.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Andone is a hot head. He has a dreadful first touch and can't read the play. He's just not good enough and I would not welcome him back.
Yep I'd much rather we had Murray running from just inside his own half resulting in slotting the ball from an acute angle some 80 yards away.

Behind Enemy Lines

Jul 18, 2003
London
Yep I'd much rather we had Murray running from just inside his own half resulting in slotting the ball from an acute angle some 80 yards away.

No-one would say that wasn't a great moment but there have been far too few of those from him. Only 4 goals. He is not the answer. Albion need to buy another striker they should have bought last summer.

Palacefinder General

Apr 5, 2019
In old money he’s not worth a lot, but seeing as Bloom won’t have two shillings to rub together post-Corona, if we can get him banging in the goals we may be able to cash in.

Taxi!

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
Well hopefully he will have calmed down a bit. On a positive note he has so much to offer, but, only if he channels his aggression into helping the team rather than taking out opposition players.

Does he really have so much to offer? I'd like to think so, and was very pleased when we finally signed him. He has shown potential most certainly, (that wonder goal against Palarse last season being an example).

Unless and until we give him a fair run of gmaes though we will never know if he can contribute on anything like a consistent basis. We signed him for the equivalent of peanuts though, so defiantely worth a second chance.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
As far as I know you cant even register new players (i.e. ones you find on free transfer) after a certain date in early April? Not that I know how that works in the coronaaids-era.

Anyway, got a red card because of no other reason than being dumb as ****, went to Galatasaray where he was poor when not injured, and I see no reason why he should be given any minutes. Hopefully he can be shipped off in the summer, doubt he will generate a pound but getting rid of the wage should be in everyones interest.

Mancgull

Nov 28, 2011
Astley, Manchester
Galatasaray clearly turned his head.

It's not great, but he's not the first player to have agitated for a move away from us. Though probably the first, in my view, to get himself sent off to ensure it happens.

I'm happy to have him back, as he has goalscoring instinct we're screaming out for, but he's got a bit of making up to do.

Allegedly Dean Hammond, 12th Jan 2008 at Boundary Park in the 9th minute springs to mind. Never proven of course. Nathan Elder equaliser in 90th minute when we had been playing for 81 mins with ten men. I remember it well as I was with my brother in law (Oldham fan) in the Oldham end and I went totally berserk when the equaliser went in. Not my most sensible moment.
Re Andone, I prefer a nutter to someone who couldn’t care less.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
If he comes back and scores goals that keep us in the EPL then people will forgive him. Seem to remember one of Spanish contingent got ostracised for daring to think he could sign for the saints but he came back like the prodigal son and became a legend.

AZ Gull

@SeagullsAcademy Threads: @bhafcacademy
Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ
Sincerely doubt Potter will even consider him, you don’t sent players out on loan and leave yourself with a kid, a grandad and a player who has not proved himself at this level if you think he might be worth a place. Bridges well and truly burnt imo.

Are you quite certain about that? Jurgen Locadia, for one, would disagree with you:-

He could have returned in January and been back on the fringes of Potter’s squad. “I spoke with the manager and he asked me to come back,” Locadia says. “I told him, ‘Not this time. I want to go for a new adventure, create new memories and be somewhere else than Brighton’, and he accepted it and respected it.”

deslynhamsmoustache1

Apr 25, 2010
RAF Tangmere
Allegedly Dean Hammond, 12th Jan 2008 at Boundary Park in the 9th minute springs to mind. Never proven of course. Nathan Elder equaliser in 90th minute when we had been playing for 81 mins with ten men. I remember it well as I was with my brother in law (Oldham fan) in the Oldham end and I went totally berserk when the equaliser went in. Not my most sensible moment.

The problem is he's both.

deslynhamsmoustache1

Apr 25, 2010
RAF Tangmere

The problem is he's both.

Shooting Star

Apr 29, 2011
Suffolk
As long as he doesn't upset the apple cart, I'd love to see him playing for us again. He is a similar player to Maupay so I'm not sure how that'll work, but he has scored a few bloomin' good goals for us in the PL.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here