Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

And the next England manager is?

BLOCK F

Feb 26, 2009
Bring in Eddie Jones.
Perhaps he can manage the football and rugby teams alongside each other. :)

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
Martin Glenn FA chief executive " I'm not an expert on football"
Is the man who's job it is to pick the new manager
Just seen his interview on sky sports
I'm shaking my head in disbelieve, this is real Mike Basset the follow up movie material
I had to rewind it back to check he really did say it
"I'm not an expert on football"

Wouldn't have been worse if he'd said

"I am an expert in football".

Ultimately, who IS an "expert" in football. It's all opinion-based.

jimhigham

Je Suis Rhino
Apr 25, 2009
Woking
The fact that Southgate and Neville are apparently serious candidates while Shearer reportedly said he'd be interested while having only managed eight or nine matches leading to relegation does seem a little... underwhelming?

Hiddink would be good.

jamie the seagull

Jul 27, 2011
Gary Neville useless at Valencia, useless with England should be nowhere near the FA anymore

Was supposed to be returning to Sky for the new season.
How will anyone take him seriously after this debacle.
Alladyce for me.
We have the players but no fixed playing style.
We have done the foreign manager bit.

Seasidesage

May 19, 2009
Brighton, United Kingdom
If you want to really depress yourself, this damning piece on Hodgson, the players and the FA should do the job. Southgate for a year and then Wenger? Oh, shit....

https://www.theguardian.com/footbal...iation-martin-glenn-england-manager-selection

Good God, if that article is even half true then the incompetence is beyond parody. WTF are they doing? How can the richest football nation in the world have got into such a mess?
The whole FA structure is rotten from the core down and needs to be replaced. As for Mr 'I'm not a football expert' sack this ****, today, before he makes another shit appointment. Gareth bloody Southgate indeed...

Jam The Man

Jul 5, 2003
South East North Lancing
what is the collective for bell -ends.....??

I don't know, but for illustrative purposes I use this :
Screenshot_2016-06-29-10-53-52.jpg

Durlston

"Garlic bread!?"
NSC Patron
Jul 15, 2009
Haywards Heath
Arsene Wenger could never work with all the Tottenham players. When the north London derby is on, the tension in pubs was and is horrible to experience when I lived up there and visit.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
So for all those here who demand an English manager - we've had Steve ****head McClaren, and Roy Hogson (as my daughter calls him) - who do you want next? How about Eddie Howe?

T soprano

Oct 27, 2011
Posh end of Shoreham
So for all those here who demand an English manager - we've had Steve ****head McClaren, and Roy Hogson (as my daughter calls him) - who do you want next? How about Eddie Howe?

If I were on the FA panel Eddie Howe would be my man for the job the same as I wanted him to be Albion manager before he went back to Bournemouth

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
If I were on the FA panel Eddie Howe would be my man for the job
What's he achieved that makes you think he's the best person in the world to lead England to a the World Cup?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here