Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

And so to Sunday

Crewton Ram

Jan 10, 2013
Not sure Maclaren did though. He brought on Dawkins and Sammon for Ward and Russell. Attack minded players. The pressure we were putting them under forced them to defend. I agree with you that Derby could and probably should have killed the tie off last night. I wonder......

Spot on. McClaren said afterwards he was disappointed at how we sat back and allowed you so much possession in the 2nd half. People in our end were saying the same - it could have (and could still) cost us dear.

I'm hoping we don't have our normal sloppy. sluggish start on Sunday, which would only encourage you to press for an early goal, but it wouldn't surprise me if that's exactly what happens. Then it will get, ahem, interesting.

Dorset Seagull

Once Dolphin, Now Seagull
We have to score first to stay in the tie. If they score first it could be all over.

I don't subscribe to this view as it will just mean we will need to win 2-1 to force extra time, same reverse result as the Amex. As it is we need to score 2 to win outright and avoid extra time so I think the argument that the first goal is crucial is not as clear cut as it seems

Dick Knights Mumm

Take me Home Falmer Road
Jul 5, 2003
Hither and Thither
I don't subscribe to this view as it will just mean we will need to win 2-1 to force extra time, same reverse result as the Amex. As it is we need to score 2 to win outright and avoid extra time so I think the argument that the first goal is crucial is not as clear cut as it seems

That may be how the maths works. Football is Mental.

symyjym

Banned
Nov 2, 2009
Brighton / Hove actually
Spot on. McClaren said afterwards he was disappointed at how we sat back and allowed you so much possession in the 2nd half. People in our end were saying the same - it could have (and could still) cost us dear.

I'm hoping we don't have our normal sloppy. sluggish start on Sunday, which would only encourage you to press for an early goal, but it wouldn't surprise me if that's exactly what happens. Then it will get, ahem, interesting.

I think McClaren knows that we have a tendency to make mistakes and give the ball away when we are in good positions. Derby seem to be patient and let us play, but as soon as the opportunity opens for them it triggers a fast and dangerous break. It will be a good game on Sunday though, probably made better by the current scoreline.

Charlies Shinpad

Jul 5, 2003
Oakford in Devon
Personally I can't wait for the game on Sunday .
Packed away end, all signing and shouting together and only a goal behind.
I would rather be in our shoes than Derby's as they won't know wether to twist or stick with that one goal lead !!

Bring it on !!!

MattBackHome

Jul 7, 2003
I agree. Which begs the question, why on Earth did McClaren set up Derby to protect what they had in the second half? I think they could have killed the tie playing as they had for the second quarter of the game. If we somehow pull this off on Sunday, that's where I think Derby fans will point out the tie was lost.

Completely right.

Morvangull

Oct 19, 2010
Bognor Regis

Away goals dont count extra in the play offs, therefore we only need to win 1-0 to force extra time.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
I agree. Which begs the question, why on Earth did McClaren set up Derby to protect what they had in the second half? I think they could have killed the tie playing as they had for the second quarter of the game. If we somehow pull this off on Sunday, that's where I think Derby fans will point out the tie was lost.

I was astonished at Derby in the 2nd half, they should have kicked on and killed the tie however as soon as the moron Salmon came on it was clear Ssteve was shutting up shop, I hope this comes home to haunt them big time.

Quinney

Aug 3, 2009
Hastings
Watching it back now and we really dominated 2nd half. A bit more luck and a ref who can spot pens and we can turn it around.

gravnast

Nov 13, 2012
You know the more I think of Sundays match the more i'm convinced we will win. Its set up for CMS, been out for most of the season he will have the hunger for Sunday and will be the difference. Believe people :)

Whirlwind_Ram

May 6, 2014
Personally I can't wait for the game on Sunday .
Packed away end, all signing and shouting together and only a goal behind.
I would rather be in our shoes than Derby's as they won't know wether to twist or stick with that one goal lead !!

Bring it on !!!

At the risk of going bust...I think we will still twist

Should be an exciting 2nd leg

forumwayseagull

Oct 22, 2005
Rochester kent
Just hope we really show up and battle for it in every way possible and grab the opportunity we have been presented with in both hands....( exactly what we didn't do last year in the 2nd leg which still saddens me immensely every time I think of the opportunity wasted and the upset s going on that ultimately distracted our chances)

Ramalanadingdong

May 6, 2014
Derby are a classy club…..gave Nigel Clough a lot of time (possibly too much), play decent football, are VERY well supported (even when times are tough). Assuming we don't go up, I really hope Derby make it.

I'm not reading any further ,,, fook it ! lol ... I'm starting to like Brighton too much ...

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
yeh...if i can't be us then i'd like Derby to go up.....proper English club , well supported and a fantastic array of snazzy hair-cuts...:lolol:

our away record isn't too shabby so i am still optimistic about sunday......as long as we have a go i'll be happy.

Spicy

We're going up.
Dec 18, 2003
London
A nervy time for us all on Sunday. I keep thinking that when Gus went I never expected us even to be in a playoff place so Sunday is a bonus. Will that elusive luck be on our side, just this once?

Lenny Rider

Sep 15, 2010
I can't believe some of the negativity, went to the pub straight after work and so many so called supporters already writing us off. I think we will score in each half, allbeit against the run of play, and go through 3 2 on aggregate.

Feb 14, 2010
I can't believe some of the negativity, went to the pub straight after work and so many so called supporters already writing us off. I think we will score in each half, allbeit against the run of play, and go through 3 2 on aggregate.

I tink its just that Brighton fans are pissed off with never doing anything but seeing clubs like Wigan lift the Cup. We just revert to "typical Brighton, never do anything" attitude. But its 2-1 with 90 minutes to play. Fingers crossed.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here