Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

An idiot abroad Karl Pilkington

Phat Baz 68

Get a ****ing life mate !
Apr 16, 2011
Karl Pilkington AN IDIOT ABROAD !
"Just leave the dwarves alone let them have jobs rented out to couples as surrogate kids " WTF !!!! HA HA HA HA HA !!!
That is just sooooo funny but sooooo wrong in soooo many ways !!!!:lolol::lolol::lolol::lolol::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm:

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
I'm getting bored of it now, it is so contrived it is losing its edge. Well that's my thoughts anyway.

D

Deleted member 18477

It's quality! 1 more series and then they should leave it at that.

dgh123

Aug 7, 2011
I don't even watch this new series, the first series was funny but this one just isn't anymore, its just become so repetitive and boring.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
I don't even watch this new series, the first series was funny but this one just isn't anymore, its just become so repetitive and boring.

Bizarrely I feel almost exactly opposite. First series was still fairly good overall but got dull just Karl getting to a Wonder of the World and moaning about it. This series there is less "bullying", Karl seems happier and they actually have him DOING things rather than just moping around.

magoo

Jul 8, 2003
United Kingdom
"Bizarrely I feel almost exactly opposite."

Me too, this series is miles funnier than the first. It's only contrived in a sense that they deliberately put Pilkington in situations they know he will hate. But I don't think they have any control over what he will do or say next. AIA and Celeb Juice are the two funniest shows on telly this year.

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
It's all 'stage-managed' throughout. Insult to the intelligence of people who choose to watch it.

I love Gervais but the longer his career goes on the more he is exposed as a one-trick pony - the words that come out of Warwick Davis's mouth in Life's Too Short are just David Brent/Ricky Gervais.

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
Love it - don't think they are making any more as such but there will be a special with Karl and Warwick Davis

mcshane in the 79th

Nov 4, 2005
Found the second series a lot duller than the first. Yes, it's all contrived and scripted, but I just love Karl's "character", he plays it so well. Could really do without Gervais' squawking in the background

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
It's all 'stage-managed' throughout. Insult to the intelligence of people who choose to watch it.

I love Gervais but the longer his career goes on the more he is exposed as a one-trick pony - the words that come out of Warwick Davis's mouth in Life's Too Short are just David Brent/Ricky Gervais.

To be fair Karl hasn't changed much from the assistant producer that used to occasionally be asked for a point of view on XFM.

The series is well produced and makes good TV, but I don't think Pilkington's personality needs to be managed, he's been acting like this long before the trappings of fame and Sky hit him.

I've found a couple of the episodes in this series stretched out a bit, but there's also been some great characters Karl has had to interact with.

Overall I've found it very enjoyable light entertainment.:thumbsup:

p.s. Life's Too Short didn't grab me either (I will be giving it a few chances), although the cameo by Liam Neeson was funny, getting the part of Oscar Schindler because he liked making lists did make me chuckle.

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London

Which is clearly you, seeing as you know so much about it.

For God's sake, it's a light-hearted, moderately funny TV programme. Nobody is suggesting it is the new Shakespeare or something.

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Waxing chumps like candles since ‘75
Oct 4, 2003
I've only seen bits of it here and there, Karl walking into the jungle to see the gorrilla's was brilliant though. An 8 hour walk, barely a glimpse of a gorrilla the whole time and a guide who called it one of the best walks he'd ever been on. Karl was far from impressed.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
I've only seen bits of it here and there, Karl walking into the jungle to see the gorrilla's was brilliant though. An 8 hour walk, barely a glimpse of a gorrilla the whole time and a guide who called it one of the best walks he'd ever been on. Karl was far from impressed.

Yup. And even though I know Ricky probably fed him that line, it's still hilarious.

mcshane in the 79th

Nov 4, 2005
More to the point, did anyone purchase a pair of Pilko's Pump Pants?

Karl-PilkosPumpPants.png

Phat Baz 68

Get a ****ing life mate !
Apr 16, 2011
f*** me lighten up some of you !!!
You all have your Mr Serious hats on its not friggin Panorama examining the depths of decline in society !!
No wonder there are so many moaners and whingers on here about not enough meat in pies and oh woah is me all of the time, get a life !!!!

Adam_Banana20

Nov 14, 2011
Found the second series a lot duller than the first. Yes, it's all contrived and scripted, but I just love Karl's "character", he plays it so well. Could really do without Gervais' squawking in the background
It's not a character it's his personlaity.

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
f*** me lighten up some of you !!!
You all have your Mr Serious hats on its not friggin Panorama examining the depths of decline in society !!
No wonder there are so many moaners and whingers on here about not enough meat in pies and oh woah is me all of the time, get a life !!!!

I would say everything posted here has pretty much been constructive opinions as to whether people like it or not.

Your rant however...

surrey jim

Not in Surrey
Aug 2, 2005
Bevendean
I much prefered the second series to the first. Agreed with the points made before that alot of it is stage managed,

Incidentally his wife is producer of Match of the day.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here