Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

An epochal decision that could have a massive impact on the human race.

Caveman

Jul 14, 2003
Sounds like you're using the Nutmeg grater, SB is comparing using the LARGE grating 'holes' with the smaller grating holes (right hand side of the second pic).

looking-embarrassed.jpg

I feel such a fool.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
3 pages
80 posts
2,000+ views

All about cheese grateration.

I get the impression I'm not the only one tired of soccerball.

tiberious

Nov 3, 2009
The earth
I have read this thread with interest and now feel that I need to boast that I have a tefal electric grater that not only has coarse and fine grating but can slice coarse and fine as well. It does not need batteries and so there is no chance of not having replacements when I want to great something.... My only worry is that there is a power cut which would render it useless. Think I will invest in £25k worth of solar panels just to ensure this scenario does not happen..
and as for the poster who spoke of not eating cheese I think we should find him and stone him the blasphemer

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
How do you know which side is the front?

The bit that's on the front of yours is on the side of mine
Its written in braille , you have to run your fingers over the holes.

Jul 12, 2003
Oxfordshire
I once had an argument with my wife.

She ended up throwing the cheese grater at me.

So I threw some grated cheese back at her.

She said, "Ooh, that's mature"...

Seagull over Canaryland

Feb 8, 2011
Norfolk
Shhhhh........don't tell anyone but you can buy cheese in a bag that is already grated. Sacrilege, I know, but does save the occasional grated knuckle. Cheddar and blood don't mix too well.

What about those little pots of grated Parmesan? The work of the devil.

I'm a cheese-aholic and probably cook far too many meals with cheese toppings or sauces so confess to using the bagged stuff for convenience.

grassy11

Jan 26, 2010
Does finer threads of cheese offer more taste per kilo than chunkier cuts due to the increased surface area to tingle your taste buds? Surely chunkier grates does not maximise the taste senation therefore you require less for the same satisfaction hence saving money.

Tricky Dicky

Jul 27, 2004
Sunny Shoreham
I made the decision last week to switch to using a micro-plane when grating over hot food - it's much better. I'll stick with my box grater for toasted sandwiches though. Normal sandwches are obviousy using sliced fresh cheese still, anything else would be barmy

Petunia

Living the dream
NSC Patron
May 8, 2013
Downunder
Just had to pop to M&S to buy lunch so made some time to look at the grated cheese. It was actually cheaper per kilo than the normal stuff! Grater now assigned to the bin:D

Petunia

Living the dream
NSC Patron
May 8, 2013
Downunder
But it'll be tasteless in comparison with the weapons-grade cheddar that is available in ready-to-grate form.

It's not just any cheese...........:)

Tricky Dicky

Jul 27, 2004
Sunny Shoreham
But it'll be tasteless in comparison with the weapons-grade cheddar that is available in ready-to-grate form.

Absolutely, given the relative surface area, it'll be dry very quickly and tasteless. I remember a scientific study saying that for some chemical reason, pre-grated cheese usually smelled of sick - which is what we all remember of that packet grated parmesan.

My only worry is that there is a power cut which would render it useless. Think I will invest in £25k worth of solar panels just to ensure this scenario does not happen.
Nearly all the solar PV systems that are connected to the National Grid shut down in the event of a power cut; this is so that the technicians don't get fried when working on the fault. Also, a full domestic system should only cost a 4 figure sum.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here