Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Palace] An amusing take on Crystal Palace FC - and its fans

churley1

Oct 13, 2009
Bogota
It's sad how people see Palace through blue and white glasses. You've done exceptionally well for yourselves, much better than anyone had expected. Hate it or not, you can't knock the atmosphere at Palace as it is loud, much better than ours. Yes they have a drum which is obviously a bit tinpot, but it's louder than us and I'm sure they enjoy going to home games-something which I can honestly say I'm not overly excited by the next home game at the moment. Of course that could all change, but we're just too negative, like we're almost always playing away.

Thumbs up to you fella, I know the vast majority on here can give their dues to us for how we've recovered since Pulis took over and us the same for your rise in stature since Bloom took over, even if we do give the biggun at times.

Things are still looking good for you guys despite recent results, I'm not expecting you to make the playoffs at present but anything can change and next season you've got a good a chance as anyone given how strong the league has been this season (it won't be next).

You see that Working Class Pillock, I managed to praise the club that in all honesty I detest. Why? 'Cos even the thickest fan could do so if asked and given we're in the PL, I fail to see how you cannot. I'm not sure Will Buckley agrees that your support is so superior to ours either - "If you're reading this and you're one of the 'fans' who left when they scored I want you to know that I think you are a disgrace and complete embarrassment to our football club."

SJ's Love Monkey

Ambrose-ia
Feb 8, 2005
Just chuckling at Charlton
No mate, I remember the fall in gates in the 1980s due to hooliganism and football's national decline. I remember Brighton getting around 8000 in the third division when Sunderland were getting about 13,000. What's your point?.. but last season you get 14,000 with groupon freebies but this season you can get a sell out when clubs like Man U or Chelsea roll into town.. now if that is not evidence of plastic glory hunting then what is?

Really?

http://www.european-football-statistics.co.uk/attnclub/bha.htm

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
We didnt have to they were sh it ! We blasted them out of the ground , best atmosphere for a long time .

Credit to Pulis's men, a result. Its looking increasingly likely you'll be keeping the loot for another seasn

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Thumbs up to you fella, I know the vast majority on here can give their dues to us for how we've recovered since Pulis took over and us the same for your rise in stature since Bloom took over, even if we do give the biggun at times.

Things are still looking good for you guys despite recent results, I'm not expecting you to make the playoffs at present but anything can change and next season you've got a good a chance as anyone given how strong the league has been this season (it won't be next).

You see that Working Class Pillock, I managed to praise the club that in all honesty I detest. Why? 'Cos even the thickest fan could do so if asked and given we're in the PL, I fail to see how you cannot. I'm not sure Will Buckley agrees that your support is so superior to ours either - "If you're reading this and you're one of the 'fans' who left when they scored I want you to know that I think you are a disgrace and complete embarrassment to our football club."

Will Buckley didn't say that. It's a fan page on Facebook, not the player.

Dougie

Jan 11, 2012
I'd like to know who wcp really is . I've got my suspicions as to who but why ???

Feb 14, 2010
It is amusing that palace fans embarrassment at almost doubling their crowds from their Championship 12000/13000 paying punters plus the groupon freebies compared to Brighton's 28,000/29000 for a mid table Championship side is to say the Brighton fans a "plastics".. that's right palace logic is that plastics will turn up to watch Yeovil but it takes a real football fan to bang a drum and watch Arsenal. I suppose the difference in support is summed up in Brighton v York as against their drum banging ultras.

SJ's Love Monkey

Ambrose-ia
Feb 8, 2005
It is amusing that palace fans embarrassment at almost doubling their crowds from their Championship 12000/13000 paying punters plus the groupon freebies compared to Brighton's 28,000/29000 for a mid table Championship side is to say the Brighton fans a "plastics".. that's right palace logic is that plastics will turn up to watch Yeovil but it takes a real football fan to bang a drum and watch Arsenal. I suppose the difference in support is summed up in Brighton v York as against their drum banging ultras.

Nearly as embarrassing as Brighton getting over 4 times their gates from the 6k average at Withdean to now. Still your memory isn't your strongest point eh Pridey?

Feb 14, 2010
Nearly as embarrassing as Brighton getting over 4 times their gates from the 6k average at Withdean to now. Still your memory isn't your strongest point eh Pridey?

Er withdean was sold out for 3/4 seasons and i would love to see placae after 20 odd years of decline, 3rd / 4th division football year in year our, losing a ground and the rest play at somewhere like withdean. You have no comeback, so where have all your fans come from this season? Bighton dont need Premier league for 30000 to support them, palace need arsenal to roll into town so to get plastic day trippers before you do

raba

Jun 9, 2013
Er withdean was sold out for 3/4 seasons and i would love to see placae after 20 odd years of decline, 3rd / 4th division football year in year our, losing a ground and the rest play at somewhere like withdean. You have no comeback, so where have all your fans come from this season? Bighton dont need Premier league for 30000 to support them, palace need arsenal to roll into town so to get plastic day trippers before you do

Once again, the man who claims to support Brighton but only goes to *ahem* Chelsea games questions Palace's support. Your first team lost. To Palace. Get over it.

Feb 14, 2010
Once again, the man who claims to support Brighton but only goes to *ahem* Chelsea games questions Palace's support. Your first team lost. To Palace. Get over it.

Again a palace fan with no come back and has to make things up. So I take it you only have ever watched palace, probably why you know sod all about football. I mate watch most of the London sides as that's where \I live, especially when its free but I have and will support Brighton all my life, now where were your 25,000 last season when you had a midweek game in the Championship (or a saturday afternoon for that matter)..Plastic palace, you are the utimate "flexible friends"

raba

Jun 9, 2013
Again a palace fan with no come back and has to make things up. So I take it you only have ever watched palace, probably why you know sod all about football. I mate watch most of the London sides as that's where \I live, especially when its free but I have and will support Brighton all my life, now where were your 25,000 last season when you had a midweek game in the Championship (or a saturday afternoon for that matter)..Plastic palace, you are the utimate "flexible friends"
Hahaha! Brighton fan who won't travel 30 mins but meanders down to Chelsea. You give real fans a bad name. Sell out.

Feb 14, 2010
Hahaha! Brighton fan who won't travel 30 mins but meanders down to Chelsea. You give real fans a bad name. Sell out.[/QUOTE

I live in London mate, not some little suburb call croydon or Bromley. More like a 3 hour round trip for a game. Sell out? Come back when you have 70dd elague grounds on your cv, most in the 3rd/4th divvisions, but stop changing the question, this is about you bunch of plastics. Where were you lot last season? Drum banging noddy club are palace

raba

Jun 9, 2013
Hahaha! Brighton fan who won't travel 30 mins but meanders down to Chelsea. You give real fans a bad name. Sell out.[/QUOTE

I live in London mate, not some little suburb call croydon or Bromley. More like a 3 hour round trip for a game. Sell out? Come back when you have 70dd elague grounds on your cv, most in the 3rd/4th divvisions, but stop changing the question, this is about you bunch of plastics. Where were you lot last season? Drum banging noddy club are palace

Your typing shows you're getting flustered. I travel from Hampshire to watch my team, that's what supporters do. Not go to watch a local Premier League team. Sell out.

Vegas78

Dec 4, 2012
South London

A drum banging noddy club that a lot of people in the premiership are giving a lot of praise.

SJ's Love Monkey

Ambrose-ia
Feb 8, 2005

Hahaha you only sold out the Withdean when you were nailed on for promotion in your last season there, and you know it. You can't kid a kidder mate, The Sussex public needed a ritzy titzy new stadium to wake them from their apathy. FACT old mate. PS I love the York references, absoluteyl priceless :clap2:

Feb 14, 2010
Your typing shows you're getting flustered. I travel from Hampshire to watch my team, that's what supporters do. Not go to watch a local Premier League team. Sell out.

Well done.. shame the rest of you didnt when you had Yeovil instead of Arsenal. Its just true, you need top flight to get 25000 we dont to get 30,000. So who are the plastic fans. Bang drums and turn up for \Arsenal does not make you proper fans. 30,000 for second tier football does.

Feb 14, 2010
Hahaha you only sold out the Withdean when you were nailed on for promotion in your last season there, and you know it. You can't kid a kidder mate, The Sussex public needed a ritzy titzy new stadium to wake them from their apathy. FACT old mate. PS I love the York references, absoluteyl priceless :clap2:

Er no mate Withdean was sold out first 3 seasons we returned from playing in Gillingham, bu will you answer the question where have your fans come from this season and where were they last tear?

raba

Jun 9, 2013
Well done.. shame the rest of you didnt when you had Yeovil instead of Arsenal. Its just true, you need top flight to get 25000 we dont to get 30,000. So who are the plastic fans. Bang drums and turn up for \Arsenal does not make you proper fans. 30,000 for second tier football does.

Plastics are people who go to watch the big teams. Like you. You have no credibility.

raba

Jun 9, 2013

Also, we haven't had the joy of Yeovil. The perks of being Premier League rather than 'Premier League ready'

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here