Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

An Albion fan from Australia

Blackxz12

Apr 30, 2011
Melbourne, Australia
Hello there fellow Albion fans!
I'm Dylan Walsh, from Melbourne, Australia. Some of you here may know my uncle, Nick Walsh- a very passionate Albion fan for a long time!
I recently came to England to visit my family in Lewes for a month. I had a great time, and I love your country very much!
I am also a Spurs fan, an endured the pain of seeing them lose to Real Madrid, but went to White Hart Lane to see them beat Stoke 3-2, which was amazing.
In one of several times I went to Brighton, I visited the B&HA shop and liked it a lot. Some decent merchandise and I liked how the ticket office was there too. Bought a 2010-11 jersey but wasn't going to spend money on printing a name on the back, but I did get a cool beanie as well.
At the shop we managed to buy tickets to the game against Dagenham & Redbridge just a day before it sold out, which was fortunate.
Went to the game with my Uncle and my father, and we were in the South Stand, Uncle Nick being a couple of rows away.
I was horrified to see us concede in the first minute or so, but I was happy to see the seagulls fight back to make the score 2-1. It was a decent atmosphere for the design of the stadium (can't imagine what the difference will be at Falmer). Was pretty good until we conceded that equaliser, not sure whether the penalty was the equaliser or the lead taker, but managed to stop filming gameplay right before Bridcutt's insane goal!
It was okay though, because I filmed the header that gave us the lead. After that the gameplay was superb... I filmed the last two minutes of the game with Albion barely defending against Dagenham's onslaught, with shouts around me like "Blow the f**king whistle!" and right before the whistle is blown, the announcer saying "Whatever happens, please do not go on the pitch".
After that it was hilarious. The fans streaming onto the pitch with us in the stand cheering our victory, and the announcer screaming out for everyone to get off the pitch... it was amazing.
We were lucky, because we were leaving after being told by a stewardess that they weren't coming out to do a lap of honour. I had thought "What kind of support do they show for their fans if they won't even come out to see us?" but I was quickly shown what a team they were when they came out. I was able to get on the stand and film the team going past and Gus Poyet's celebration. :D
I have seen some of the discussions here and I like the Albion community and I wanted to introduce myself to all of you before I join in on discussions- and to also share with you my first Albion experience.
Keep an eye on this space, as I will be uploading my videos from the night on to my Youtube channel over the next few days, and I will post up the links here.

Cheers,
Dylan

Blackxz12

Apr 30, 2011
Melbourne, Australia
Cheers :D
It'll be tough for me when Brighton get to the Premier League, as my team loyalty will probably be divided unless Spurs are somehow relegated, but unlikely...

Ex-Staffs Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Adelaide, SA
Seagulls downunder Facebook group. Mostly Melbourne and Sydney - boo not many Adelaide. They have events and recently met up with Tony bloom .

Blackxz12

Apr 30, 2011
Melbourne, Australia
Yes, I joined that group a while back!
I forgot to mention that my Uncle got the announcer to do a half time call out to us, which was a decent thing to do.
And thanks for the welcomes!

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
Follow spurs too? I reckon you've got a kangaroo loose in the top paddock mate... :)

Blackxz12

Apr 30, 2011
Melbourne, Australia
In a lot of cases yes, but I've known Tottenham since 2001, when I first got in to football.
Same year I got the Albion centenary jersey, if it makes you happy.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here