Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] An Albion Avalanche

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
...is exactly what we need...

Fabio Capello in an interview with La Gazzetta dello Sport: “Roma seemed tired to me against Fiorentina, they suffered a lot in terms of dynamism and Lukaku was almost invisible.

“Let’s not take the match against Brighton for granted. If the Roma seen in Florence were to take the field in Brighton, we’d have plenty of unpleasant surprises. In England if you’re not at the top they attack you from all sides, as if you were hit by an avalanche.”

TWOCHOICEStom

Sep 22, 2007
Brighton
1710260245755.png

Dunky fancies it.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
We’ve only scored more than 1 goal 3 times in 2024 (Palace & Sheffield Utd x2) …!

Jim in the West

NSC Patron
Sep 13, 2003
Way out West
The thing is, there really isn't much of a downside for us. Even if we lost 4-0 again, would it really matter? For the players it'll surely be a completely different feeling to pretty much any other match they've played in. We can go for it and hope for the best. I'm looking forward to it - although the chances are we'll make a cock-up in the second minute, and then everything will go flat!

Incidentally, will there be flags?

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
We’ve only scored more than 1 goal 3 times in 2024 (Palace & Sheffield Utd x2) …!

I do love a selective stat - calendar year has zero relevance (if you went back 4 more days you'd find another example) . :lolol:
It's not just selective. It's wrong.

We scored four at Stoke...

Cotton Socks

Skint Supporter
Feb 20, 2017
The thing is, there really isn't much of a downside for us. Even if we lost 4-0 again, would it really matter? For the players it'll surely be a completely different feeling to pretty much any other match they've played in. We can go for it and hope for the best. I'm looking forward to it - although the chances are we'll make a cock-up in the second minute, and then everything will go flat!

Incidentally, will there be flags?
If there are I hope they wont be on those stupid cardboard sticks. No one likes having a floppy stick.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
I'm really looking forward to this. The players have to throw the kitchen sink at it and hopefully so will we, the fans. Get behind them, get an early goal and see if Roma shit themselves or tough it out.

Of course, we all know that in reality Dybala and Lukaku will hit us clinically on the break, we'll go in a half time 5 or 6 down in total and the Amex will empty. But UNTIL that happens, my word am I looking forward to it.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here