Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Amir Khan

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab
Wardywonderland said:
They are right to bring him along slowly. Okay these fights are all one sided but it would be silly to stick him a 12 round match and have him struggle with stamina.

So a fight that last 75 seconds is going to improve him?

He wouldn't have time to break out in a sweat.Complete waste of exercise.Bit like Naz,always fighting week apponents.Bring on Hatton.Better value for money

Last edited:

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
algie said:
Bring on Hatton.Better value for money

I believe that his bubble will buirst against Floyd Merryweather as he puts on so much weight between fights and then has to lose it and also cuts too easily. He has been good and is still but come November at Maddison Sq Garden a different story.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Knightsworld said:
Last night was his first 6 round bout.

He must have just passed the age limit I am not sure what it is but I think it is 18. I know that it was coming up but didn't realise it was so soon.

Last edited:

B.M.F

Aug 2, 2003
wherever the money is
To be fair to the promoters the Russian guy had a very good record and had beaten some good fighters. Even Barry McG rated him and he hates most boxers. It could be a case of Khan simply being too good or that the ruski was just caught by a fantastic punch.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
Good interview with Amir in the Observer food magazine today. He reveals that he trains on junk food and looks forward to retiring and getting fat.

Good on him.

chez

Johnny Byrne-The Greatest
Jul 5, 2003
Wherever The Mood Takes Me
The ruski didnt have a bad record himself but I think was rather lacking in the homework department. He admitted the day before the fight that he knew nothing about Khan. Thinking about it though I find that hard to believe as any boxer that has any interest in the sport would know about Amir's expliots during & since the Olympics.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here