AMEX travel vouchers - What a BARGAIN

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Storer 68

Apr 19, 2011
Just for the sake of balance.

My normal retun fare to Falmer would be £5.60.

say 25 games a season with a (decent) cup run, that's an outlay of £140 a season.

As opposed to a book f vouchers that cost me £30.

more to spend on :drink:

upthealbion1970

bring on the trumpets....
NSC Patron
Jan 22, 2009
Woodingdean
A bargain indeed, no probs at all paying £30 for me and £30 for my boy this season. Even better next season as he's 9 his travel will be £15.

Alan Cundle

May 22, 2008
Brighton
Annoying for me as I already have a Annual rail season ticket which covers my travel to Falmer. I suppose there will be no chance to opt out of the subsidy?!

HawkTheSeagull

Jan 31, 2012
Eastbourne
For those in the travel area its a good amount your saving each match (whether you bother to get vouchers or not). The new levy thing will mean i only need to get a Eastbourne to Lewes return, so saves me about 50p a match, not much but will add up at the end of the season, not to £30 unless we have great cup runs.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
£6.30 return for me, so I'm looking at £170 odd with the five cup vouchers we were given this season.

Superseagull

Jul 8, 2003
£30 for the travel service options provided is great value. It will save me over £120 a year.

Maybe there could be a way for people who return a full book of unused vouchers at the end of the season to get £30 to spend in club shop or added to the e-card. I think it is fair reward for those who cycle or walk and feel strongly about not paying the travel money. Trouble is it would also reward those who park in Coldean and walk.

I'm currently paying £2.95 a game. Once next year's scheme comes in, taking into account the unavoidable levy on top of the train fare I'll have to pay to Lewes, it'll cost me £3.40.

If they move Glynde into the Travel Voucher zone, the cost will come down to £1.30 a game.

Pinkie Brown

I'll look after the skirt
Sep 5, 2007
Neues Zeitalter DDR
I'm currently paying £2.95 a game. Once next year's scheme comes in, taking into account the unavoidable levy on top of the train fare I'll have to pay to Lewes, it'll cost me £3.40.

If they move Glynde into the Travel Voucher zone, the cost will come down to £1.30 a game.

Anyone who uses the train between Lewes & Hastings will be potentially out of pocket next year. My guess is it will cost me about another £1.50 per game. I'm not that fussed & neither am I going to stress about it, but if they shift the travel zone eastwards a bit, it would make the scheme more balanced. Polegate would be about right.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
£30 for the travel service options provided is great value. It will save me over £120 a year.

Maybe there could be a way for people who return a full book of unused vouchers at the end of the season to get £30 to spend in club shop or added to the e-card. I think it is fair reward for those who cycle or walk and feel strongly about not paying the travel money. Trouble is it would also reward those who park in Coldean and walk.

There won't be a book of vouchers. As everyone has paid the levy, it will be fine to just show your ST card.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
I drive from Southampton to Withdean, park on my parents' drive, and get a lift from my Dad who has a space in Bennetts Field. So for me it's a loss of £60 next season ( me plus 2 kids). Not an issue for me though, because unlike some, I realise it's not all about ME, and can see that it's plainly obvious that this is the best solution for the club to move forward.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports