Amex hotel proposal will be decided at BHCC Planning Committee 17th February

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Uter

Aug 5, 2008
The land of chocolate
It's not going to take a huge amount of effort now to get this through at a second attempt. One abstention basically is the margin they have to shift. A chair on casting vote is highly unlikely to go against an officer recommendation.

So a bit of swallowed pride and some well timed humility on both sides and it will get through with just a few sensible tweaks/considerations

Still have to get it approved by LDC too though don't they? Just because it was close in Brighton & Hove doesn't necessarily mean it will be close in Lewes. I wonder if they will withdraw the current application with LDC?

easynow

Mar 17, 2013
jakarta
imgID55617614 z1.jpg

good call, imho. Build it around the back or something.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Wouldnt it be more democratic if the chair didnt get a vote unless a casting vote is required and relies on giving advice to the committee as to which way to vote.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
Glad it got rejected, the design was horrible. Must do better.

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Apr 30, 2013
Herts
I think from memory it's phelim mcafferty who is the other green who wasn't there today.

His alternate has to vote on the facts based on their judgement, not based on how the person their debuting for would have voted.

Thanks... So, it might be possible that the vote would have been 6-4 no today had the absent Green been present. Or not, of course. But the club would be well advised to plan on that basis if there is to be a second application.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
Agreed. It was an awful looking design. Surely the architect can come up with something that is in keeping with stadium.

I think it would be better placed in the North-East corner of Bennetts Field looking back towards the AMEX. It would then be partly hidden by the trees and you would have the car park in the middle for both stadium and hotel. You would also still then have unobstructed views of our lovely stadium.

Seems obvious to me, subject to LDC planning, and there is the rub I suspect.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
i agree, bland design, the site desreves better.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
I think it would be better placed in the North-East corner of Bennetts Field
But the club don't own Bennetts field.

Go on, ask who does, I dare ya.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
To be honest I thought the design was a bit meh.

However, why we ever let these numbskull's talk absolute bollocks about things they haven't a clue about is beyond me.

Agree on both counts. It was excruciating to watch and scary that such important decisions are made on the basis of almost no relevant knowledge and daft assumptions. Chair was always going to vote No.....was obvious she was against it as it stood. Much of the weight of the NOs argument seemed to be more down to how the club had handled it as well as the 'mediocre' design.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports