Cllr Barradell - L

Casting vote
Cllr Cattell - L

Last edited:

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
How odd that he knows it is coming back, and if it does that it'll be approved.

I think he is saying that he's not prepared to fall for the 'there's no Plan B line' at the expense of over-ruling the officers. That's fair enough.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
I think he is saying that he's not prepared to fall for the 'there's no Plan B line' at the expense of over-ruling the officers. That's fair enough.
So there is plan B, and Perry was fibbing ? ???

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Cllr Pete West - Green
grayno.gif

Cllr Maggie Barradell - Labour Party
grayno.gif

Cllr Adrian Morris - Labour Party
grayno.gif

Chair Cllr Julie Cattell - Labour
grayno.gif

Who was the 5th (presumably a Tory) who voted against?

There were 5 for granting permission, at least 2 of which were Labour, 2 were Tory I think....

Bold Seagull

Mar 18, 2010
Hove
So there is plan B, and Perry was fibbing ? ???

Of course there is a Plan B. They've piled a huge wedge in fees to get this far, sounded like the design only needs a bit of a tweak to get it approved, and a bit of a compromise on the S106. They only need one more vote to get it over the line.

Bold Seagull

Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Conservatives for, Labour against. If the design was anything but bland, the building would stand out like a sore thumb next to the stadium. It's design goes some way to hiding it. Obviously the people that voted for the refusal were not involved in voting for the Bedford Hotel, Kingswest the new Marina blocks, some of both University buildings and accommodation blocks the list of the crap from the various planing committees goes on and on.

I think as many Labour voted for it as against it. 5 votes for, at least 2 were Labour, possibly 3, along with Cllr Theobald and another. Didn't go down party lines at all, although some people seem to want to present it as such.

ROSM

Dec 26, 2005
Just far enough away from LDC
It's not going to take a huge amount of effort now to get this through at a second attempt. One abstention basically is the margin they have to shift. A chair on casting vote is highly unlikely to go against an officer recommendation.

So a bit of swallowed pride and some well timed humility on both sides and it will get through with just a few sensible tweaks/considerations

ROSM

Dec 26, 2005
Just far enough away from LDC
I think as many Labour voted for it as against it. 5 votes for, at least 2 were Labour, possibly 3, along with Cllr Theobald and another. Didn't go down party lines at all, although some people seem to want to present it as such.

Planning committees are quasi legal bodies and must not be subject to a party whip. We have seen in albion matters (withdean for example) all of one party voting against (the tories) but they were strenuous in their statements that they werent 'whipped'

SIMMO SAYS

Jul 31, 2012
Incommunicado
To be honest I thought the design was a bit meh.

However, why we ever let these numbskull's talk absolute bollocks about things they haven't a clue about is beyond me.

SIMMO SAYS

Jul 31, 2012
Incommunicado

They are all self serving prats Mr Bold

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports