Amex hotel proposal will be decided at BHCC Planning Committee 17th February

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
I think it's a positive result.

It'll go back in with many of the issues addressed and fly through.

Aug 11, 2003
The Open Market
Unbelievable that someone would abstain.

She would have voted with it if she thought the S106 could be re-negotiated, even though officers and councillors kept telling her that wasn't a consideration upon which she should vote.

Talk about someone who looked hopelessly out of place.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Quite normal for plans to be thrown out, can the club alter them and reproduce them again

Martin Perry said no, when he did his presentation.

What is so stupid, is that a couple of councillors who voted against said it wasn't anything like the stadium, when it is the same material. Unbelievable.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
I think it's a positive result.

It'll go back in with many of the issues addressed and fly through.

Exactly this - bit of design modification (photoshop the colours of it to exactly match the stadium for starters), a few surrounding trees and better answers about the car parking and it'll be agreed. Great insight to the utter, utter uselessness of some the councillors though.

BHA Haywards Heath

Jan 31, 2012
God I've just wasted almost two hours watching that live stream.

It has done nothing but enrage me. I'm an absolute wreck - and I don't even care that much whether there is a hotel or not, it was just such a farce.

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009
Basically it got kicked out because it looks rubbish next to the stadium. If it had one ounceof the flair of the AMEX itself it would have gone through.

bobbysmith01

Feb 6, 2015
Well, taking off my Albion hat off does anyone agree that the club have been a little arrogant over the lack of want on going a slight re design and their situation over the 106, which is what I believe that lost the vote.

Aug 11, 2003
The Open Market
Basically it got kicked out because it looks rubbish next to the stadium. If it had one ounceof the flair of the AMEX itself it would have gone through.

Even that's subjective. Some councillors didn't think so.

Interestingly, there was no party line. Labour and Tory councillors voted for and against the application.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports