Amex hotel proposal will be decided at BHCC Planning Committee 17th February

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

ROSM

Dec 26, 2005
Just far enough away from LDC
Cllr Joe Miller, you're live on NSC.....MAKE IT COUNT!

He's a buffoon of the highest order. When he was working with Simon kirby, he blocked me from my own MPs twitter because I asked a question about the rsch that kirby was assisting with and then went very quiet.

Ironically despite not being my MP, Caroline Lucas was far more helpful

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Quite scary that decisions like this are in the hands of the clueless......

'I want to know if the wall is curved, because it looks curved'

'Hotel or Stadium'

'Don't know'

Aug 11, 2003
The Open Market
That's why you get amateurs that haven't a clue

That's why amateurs ask seemingly dumb questions, leaving the technical stuff to the professionals.

One or two were prudent. The rest were a bit... odd.

But then, juries are 'amateurs'.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Awesome that someone at a planning committee can't remember the term elevations.....

This lot are obsessed by money.

To be fair, the officer recommendation in front of them recommends refusal with one of the reasons being contributions. That would mean it would be a critical factor for the councillors to overturn the officer recommendation, and so you'd expect it to be heavily debated.

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011
I bet Miller is a Palace fan, the clueless buffoon.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
My brother-in-law is a small scale property developer. He has to deal regularly with these people, and they drive him insane. They can't understand drawings / plans and prefer to pretend they do, rather than ask for clarification, so regularly knock things back on the grounds of things they've entirely misunderstood.

That and they will often knock things back, entirely in keeping with the local plan, simply because they 'don't like' something.

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
Whoah!

You can not see that part of Bennett's field from Stamner Park. You just can't. It's utter dross. All this stuff about National Park is rubbish.

I agree with councillor Miller that if the officers suggest refusal, then councillors would have to have very good reasons to go against it. His suggestion that if they return with a better design proposal then it would get approved are encouraging.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
This woman is talking rubbish. There is no way the hotel grates against the stadium when they are built of exactly the same material.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
My brother-in-law is a small scale property developer. He has to deal regularly with these people, and they drive him insane. They can't understand drawings / plans and prefer to pretend they do, rather than ask for clarification, so regularly knock things back on the grounds of things they've entirely misunderstood.

That and they will often knock things back, entirely in keeping with the local plan, simply because they 'don't like' something.

Exactly like Barradell is saying now......'I don't like it'.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports