Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Amex celebration pre Notts F game (flags for all!)

Dick Swiveller

Sep 9, 2011
Can I trade mine in for a free coffee?

/lights blue touchpaper and runs away

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Genuine question E10, do you know that for a fact that Sky actually dictate the day?
Thanks for the reply if you have seen this written down.

Well put it this way. Sky don't ring up Paul Barber and say "hey Paul, hows it hanging? Listen fella, we quite fancy showing your home game against Forest. When shall we turn up?".

They dictate the schedule, and we fit in with it, whether it be Friday night, Saturday evening, Saturday, lunchtime or whatever. Thats what they pay for. Saturday they're showing Hull v Leicester at 12.30, Shanghai Greenland v Guangzhou Evergrande at 12.35, and Naarch v Massive at 5.15. So they're all Skyed up for that day. Another time we'll get a lunchtime or evening slot on a Saturday, but this time we've got the short straw of a Friday night (again).

The trains aren't their problem, its ours. We'll just have to get on with it.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Well put it this way. Sky don't ring up Paul Barber and say "hey Paul, hows it hanging? Listen fella, we quite fancy showing your home game against Forest. When shall we turn up?".

They dictate the schedule, and we fit in with it, whether it be Friday night, Saturday evening, Saturday, lunchtime or whatever. Thats what they pay for. Saturday they're showing Hull v Leicester at 12.30, Shanghai Greenland v Guangzhou Evergrande at 12.35, and Naarch v Massive at 5.15. So they're all Skyed up for that day. Another time we'll get a lunchtime or evening slot on a Saturday, but this time we've got the short straw of a Friday night (again).

The trains aren't their problem, its ours. We'll just have to get on with it.

Unless it's a London club, Brighton are nice and handy for a Friday night gig for their workers.

SUA Seagull

Jul 23, 2016
Stratford-upon-Avon
Out of interest, have we ever had a home Championship game shifted from Saturday 3pm to lunchtime or teatime on Saturday for Sky coverage? Or have they always been shifted to Friday/Monday nights (it seems as if most have)? I seem to recall reading somewhere in the past (I can't find the link) that Sky liked evening games at the Amex because they could set up their broadcasting gear quickly in our car park and the stadium access and facilities were good, better than at most other Championship grounds on a weeknight. That could be why we seem to get the Sky weeknight slot most of the time.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
Out of interest, have we ever had a home Championship game shifted from Saturday 3pm to lunchtime or teatime on Saturday for Sky coverage? Or have they always been shifted to Friday/Monday nights (it seems as if most have)? I seem to recall reading somewhere in the past (I can't find the link) that Sky liked evening games at the Amex because they could set up their broadcasting gear quickly in our car park and the stadium access and facilities were good, better than at most other Championship grounds on a weeknight. That could be why we seem to get the Sky weeknight slot most of the time.

I think you may be right. So the less hassle for a few Sky employees is put ahead of the enjoyment of thousands. It's not right.

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
Unless it's a London club, Brighton are nice and handy for a Friday night gig for their workers.

I think you may be right. So the less hassle for a few Sky employees is put ahead of the enjoyment of thousands. It's not right.

Wouldn't be surprised if this was the real reason.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill

Burnley last season ??

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here