Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Amex Catering reached a shocking unacceptable low yesterday-Club please read

Vegas Seagull

Jul 10, 2009
There is no reason to let Azure continue with their contract, as often happens in Brighton the low quality national chains fail because the are just not as good as the local independents. The have shown so little in attempting improvements they should be told told no renewal and a decent local interest given time to start up from July & told be good by Jan or we will look elsewhere again...one year rolling contract until it works

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
To be fair, your e-mail was pretty rude. (assuming you did send a carbon copy of the OP)

If I was a catering manager and received something like that I'd leave it for a few days and send some standard "thank you for your e-mail etc" reply.

I'd give out a proper reply to polite or constructive e-mails though

I don't agree it was rude.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
There is no reason to let Azure continue with their contract, as often happens in Brighton the low quality national chains fail because the are just not as good as the local independents. The have shown so little in attempting improvements they should be told told no renewal and a decent local interest given time to start up from July & told be good by Jan or we will look elsewhere again...one year rolling contract until it works

I do not agree with this. They have shown signs of wanting to improve. And in some areas things have improved. When I began to understand the scale of their task, ie starting from scratch on a unfamiliar site with no suppliers in place and train up all the staff and the crazy demand which has exceeded everyone's expectation, I started to appreciate it might take some time.

Billy the Fish

Technocrat
Oct 18, 2005
Haywards Heath
Amex Catering reached a shocking unacceptable low yesterday- someone from the club please read.

The catering at the Amex has always been at best poor, not the food so much as the staffing and service.

That statement in istself is just quite a rude thing to say to someone, could be phrased much better.

Yesterday before the game there were queue's 20 deep with 3 queue's per area and 4 areas, thats a potential 240 paying customers at any one moment.

The service was shockingly slow taking about 2-3 minutes per person. Therefore at the back of the queue if you are lucky it is taking 20-30 minutes to reach the front, maybe longer. Because of this you are LOSING paying customers, revenue for the club and profit is walking away with a dissatsified potential customer.

Because it is now so BAD a lot of people don't even bother anymore. Does the club know that lots of people have decided to give up eating at the ground and are stopping at the burger bar at the station instead ?

To much emotive language, absolutely no need for it. Much better to keep things factual and concise

I have noticed his queue's are getting much larger each game at the burger bar. I don't know how you get a licence but there is a golden opportunity to print money there. It is LOST money for BHAFC.

The quality of the food was shocking. The Christmas pie was an abomination and was only chosen as the Steak , Chicken and Ham, Balti and even Vegetarian pies had all run out by 2.45 pm.

For the love of God, please tell me you at least edited this bit :facepalm:

You need to sort this out and FAST. If 2000 people a game do not bother now at an average spend of £ 5 a head , thats £ 10000 a game and nearly a quarter of a million pounds lost revenue each season for the club.

The Amex stadium and experience is wonderful but this is a MAJOR dropping of the ball by BHAFC so can someone who is in charge of this aspect get to grips with this problem NOW.

Many thanks.

And you polished it off by barking orders at him. Wonderful :lolol:

*EDIT* It's actually just occured to me, that letter reads a bit like one of The Complete Badgers' match reports :lolol:

Last edited:

Lord Bamber

Legendary Chairman
Feb 23, 2009
Heaven
East Stand looked to be working better yesterday, they didnt run out of coffee anyway. The candy store was doing a roaring trade, was down to the bare bones in the 2nd half but was able to get flying saucers to feed the seagulls.

Couldn't Be Hyypia

We've come a long long way together
NSC Patron
Nov 12, 2006
Near Dorchester, Dorset
Last week queued at the Pint & Pie stall in WSL only to be told when I got to the front that their loyalty card reader was broken. Had to requeue at the main kiosk for 20 more minutes.

This week - went to Pint & Pie stall, smaller queue, so called down to check that they take the loyalty card now, and was told still not working. Went to main outlet, smaller queue and sorted. but decided to tell someone about the experience in the interests of a bit of feedback.

A bit flabbergasted when I was told by the manager "Thanks for telling us - we really need feedback. I'll get a sign made for next week to let people know the loyalty card reader isn't working". Or she could of course just get it fixed? Betrays the Azure attitude I think.

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
That statement in istself is just quite a rude thing to say to someone, could be phrased much better.

To much emotive language, absolutely no need for it. Much better to keep things factual and concise

For the love of God, please tell me you at least edited this bit :facepalm:

And you polished it off by barking orders at him. Wonderful :lolol:

*EDIT* It's actually just occured to me, that letter reads a bit like one of The Complete Badgers' match reports :lolol:

I couldn't disagree more. there is nothing wrong with the comments at all, they are factual. the Christmas Pie WAS an abomination and cold, so its a health risk with Turkey left overs to serve it this way. I almost did not eat it due to concerns over food poisioning. If you think this is acceptable, thats fine. Where did I bark orders at him ?, the first comment was NOT rude, Have you ever tried to get catering in the East ?, it took 25 minutes to be served with this pie, all 4 others where not available , to find there was no beer left ?. FFS, I just give up. I cannot believe the some of the support Azure are getting from some fans.

Well I am out of this discussion now as I am not going to be the subject of people criticising and picking holes in my post and not directing dissastifaction towards Azure. Enjoy the catering.

Last edited:

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
I almost did not eat it due to concerns over food poisioning.

I do not think you need to worry, thousands and thousands of pies have been consumed and I have not heard one case of food poisoning.

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
I do not think you need to worry, thousands and thousands of pies have been consumed and I have not heard one case of food poisoning.

HT, this pie was a health hazard , it was reheated left over turkey that had gone cold. Anyway, I think the topic is done to death now so its over to Azure. My basic point for the thread stands in that profit and money is walking away from BHAFC and its developement going forward.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
HT, this pie was a health hazard , it was reheated left over turkey that had gone cold. Anyway, I think the topic is done to death now so its over to Azure. My basic point for the thread stands in that profit and money is walking away from BHAFC and its developement going forward.

I think you're being somewhat insulting to Piglet's Pantry there with your repeated 'leftover turkey' remark. These pies were purpose made - the turkey would not be leftovers.

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
It was f***ing horrible Bozza so yes, I guess that is insulting, but so was the pie and should not have been served heated and then left to go cold for 20 odd minutes. the other 4 pies are superb but there weren't any left. I think the topic is done to death now.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

Reheated left over Turkey? What makes you think this? And where did Piglets get all this previously cooked, and left over, turkey? Did they go minesweeping supporter's houses on boxing day?

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
It seems Azure have now become hero's of catering. The topic is now closed for me. Lets hope things improve but I will not be bothering with the Amex catering anymore and will try the Swan I think.

It was f***ing horrible Bozza so yes, I guess that is insulting, but so was the pie and should not have been served heated and then left to go cold for 20 odd minutes. the other 4 pies are superb but there weren't any left. I think the topic is done to death now.

You see, I was sort of with you for a while until this tirade, you start a thread suggesting the catering could improve, which is a pertinent point and then go on to suggest that Piglets Pantry are using "left over" Turkey and are willingly selling substandard pies that are a health hazard and then try and close the thread.

And for that reason alone, "I'm out"

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
You see, I was sort of with you for a while until this tirade, you start a thread suggesting the catering could improve, which is a pertinent point and then go on to suggest that Piglets Pantry are using "left over" Turkey and are willingly selling substandard pies that are a health hazard and then try and close the thread.

And for that reason alone, "I'm out"

I stand by the comment the pie was appalling. Was it a health hazard, possibly. I am not a hygiene expert. The main point was there should be a choice of 5 pies. Anyway I can see this thread just degenerating into a " Spielberg bashing " session so my choice is the Swan or somewhere else and everyone is free to do what they want.

Last edited:

I stand by the comment the pie was appalling. Was it a health hazard, possibly. I am not a hygiene expert. The main point was there should be a choice of 5 pies. Anyway I can see this thread just degenerating into a " Spielberg bashing " session now so my choice is the Swan or somewhere else and everyone is free to do what they want.

Fair point, and I don't go for the Spielberg bashing shit myself.

I too have started spending my money elsewhere before the game, nothing to do with quality as I've never had an issue with it and suggest that catering for that many customers whilst maintaining the "high quality" is an achievement, it's the bloody slow moving queues that piss me off.

rool

Jul 10, 2003
I experienced the East stand yesterday for the first time pre match. Due to logistics I was there just after 1pm so no issue with pie supply but they were just warm rather than hot. I don't know if that's a health hazard or not but I do recall in the hotels that I have worked in that we had to check the temperature of food quite frequently with probe like gadgets. I'm an F&B accountant so don't know the specifics but probably to ensure food is hot enough to stop bacteria. I enjoyed the pie anyway as it meant I could stuff it in my face faster, lol
I went for a tea and a water at 2:40 and the queue was horrendously slow moving. Why? I don't know but maybe because there are a lot of kids, when compared to the north stand, it is down to the kid's meal deal where they have a choice of every component and the server then has to make up box and go away and select the individual choices. In the north stand it is mainly pie and pint.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here