Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Amex capacity increase - if so where?

darkwolf666

Nov 8, 2015
Sittingbourne, Kent
Not seen anyone ask this before so just curious, if we regularly max out capacity is there any opportunity for further increasing the Amex capacity or is that it? It would be a bit weird if the team manage to become a PL team playing virtual capacity each week with no chance to expand - dont fancy another 10 years of battling the council ???
A barrage of hot air balloons suspended above the Amex, with free complimentary binoculars so you can see the action... sort of!

Assho*e - WTF does asking a very simple question make me a fecking troll? Tell you what , how about - "Are Palace going to wipe our arses next year?" - Now THAT might be a question a troll might ask - Get a life..

Lindfield by the Pond

Jan 10, 2009
Lindfield (near the pond)
Barber has mentioned the possibility of squeezing in a few more here and there but we are talking an extra 100 or so max.

Club official asked us about our 1901 disabled seats at Brum match. Said they were looking for spaces for extra seats. There is clearly space next to us, however, if a match needs a turn of fortune, my son needs the option of parking his wheelchair to the right or the left of my seat? That along with a sausage roll before kick off is the winning formula........... wonder who will be sitting next to us next season?

A mex eyecan

Nov 3, 2011
why don't they put mirrors on the roof, positioned as such an angle that we could have 20000 people in
the car park and watch a refelection of the match

luppers

Aug 10, 2008
Didim, Turkey
The only way to get more fans in the Amex, is smaller fans.

As from June 30th, no fan who weighs more than 12 stone will be allowed a season ticket, anyone with a BMA over 30, is definitely banned, and if your arse is wider than14 inches you will have to sit on someones lap

I pity the poor soul whose lap I have to sit on, due to a medical condition I weigh 19 stone and am having all sorts of treatment to get weight off,

Postman Pat

Jul 24, 2007
Coldean
With modern technology we no longer need anyone in the stadium. Season tickets will buy a live stream of every home game. Your laptop Mic can be used to sing and cheer. 1901 members will get a meals on wheels delivery at half-time.

The only way to get more fans in the Amex, is smaller fans.

As from June 30th, no fan who weighs more than 12 stone will be allowed a season ticket, anyone with a BMA over 30, is definitely banned, and if your arse is wider than14 inches you will have to sit on someones lap

Haha love it - unfortunately that would discount me on the first 2...

With modern technology we no longer need anyone in the stadium. Season tickets will buy a live stream of every home game. Your laptop Mic can be used to sing and cheer. 1901 members will get a meals on wheels delivery at half-time.

Wow we are getting some really inventive stuff here .....Potentially could n't we make the pitch smaller to add another row of seats at the base? I know there are quite a few teams with smaller pitches than ours ? That might also help out a few of our aging squad as they would have less ground to cover next season :D

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I would think it is possible to make the capacity larger if we ever got to be a consistent top four side but that is a long way off. I do remember when I was lad Chelsea being a lower 1st Div team along with Fulham so anything is possible.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
Assho*e - WTF does asking a very simple question make me a fecking troll? Tell you what , how about - "Are Palace going to wipe our arses next year?" - Now THAT might be a question a troll might ask - Get a life..

You've been a member for 11 years and the subject of increasing capacity has been done to death numerous times.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here