Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[News] Ambrose Harcourt - RIP

Fourteenth Eye

Face for Radio
Jul 9, 2004
Brighton
Im devastated to learn that a true Brighton Legend - Ambrose Harcourt has sadly passed away

He delighted many on the airwaves under the guise of Mr Lurve & also helped many businesses in the area in his role as a consultant.

He was an utter delight of a guy that lit up every room he walked in.

RIP my friend

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
Really sad news.

RIP Ambrose.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Really quite shocked.

The Love Hour will always be remembered in Southern Sound days. Ambrose was the local airwaves.

Really sad. RIP.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
RIP. I never really knew what he did apart from just being Ambrose Harcourt. I mean this in a very positive sense.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
R.I.P. Ambrose.

True story - I was selling a property in Worthing and he put an offer in on behalf of his kids. I accepted his offer but - as many of his listeners do in The Love Hour - he pulled out at the last moment..

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patron
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
Had the pleasure of working with Ambrose and alongside him as a Charity Patron, a truly warm, kind and generous man, loved people and helping them, always had a smile and loved his sport, especially Chelsea. RIP dear friend.

Algernon

Sep 9, 2012
Newmarket.
Genuinely, my ex Mrs thought his name was Ambrose Hardcore and also thought The Happy Mondays sang "You know you talk so hip man, You're Mr Mandela Man".
So............

RIP Ambrose Hardcore

LANGDON SEAGULL

Dec 9, 2004
Langdon Hills
I’m shocked by this - he was still DJing and had a strong presence on Facebook . Seems a lovely guy and a local stalwart . RIP Ambrose

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Goodbye to a much loved and appreciated guy...you will be missed .

D

Deleted member 2719

Had the pleasure of working with Ambrose and alongside him as a Charity Patron, a truly warm, kind and generous man, loved people and helping them, always had a smile and loved his sport, especially Chelsea. RIP dear friend.

I too worked with Ambrose he was living in Goring at the time. Harcourt was just his stage name, his real name was ob......, I could never spell it!
He had the ability to use his hands when talking in a mesmerising action, and to get reaction when ever he walked in the room.
RIP Ambrose

Super Steve Earle

Feb 23, 2009
North of Brighton
This is truly shocking news. I can't believe it. Such a delightful man who I knew from Friends of the Albion and the Albion Business Club. We always spoke and he kindly asked me to phone in to his radio show a few years ago and chat about my favourite song choices and reasons. A genuine RIP to a lovely man who did so much and gave so much pleasure to many in the local community.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here