Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Amber warning for hot weather.

jaghebby

Mar 18, 2013
Given that the met office has issued an Amber Warning for very high temperatures until Sunday. Although I am not sure what the Premier league rules are, but what is the likelyhood of the match on Saturday being postponed? It is likely to be extremely hot at pitch level and in parts of the stadium posing a serious health and safety risk for the players and spectators. As a season ticket holder I know the west upper concourse will be absolutely stifling and roads and rail travel could be problematic?

Sent from my ELE-L09 using Tapatalk

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead
Given that the met office has issued an Amber Warning for very high temperatures until Sunday. Although I am not sure what the Premier league rules are, but what is the likelyhood of the match on Saturday being postponed? It is likely to be extremely hot at pitch level and in parts of the stadium posing a serious health and safety risk for the players and spectators. As a season ticket holder I know the west upper concourse will be absolutely stifling and roads and rail travel could be problematic?

I’m going for zero probability. Drink plenty of water and enjoy the game. Bloody hot away at Wolves a couple of years ago but we managed to somehow survive.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
good acclimatisation for Qatar.

Terry Butcher Tribute Act

Aug 18, 2013
Imagine if they called a game off because it was 32 degrees. Good grief.

What the club need to do is sort out access to water - might be sensible to wave the bottle top ban for one game only and allow people to bring one bottle of water each which can be refilled.

Sent from my SM-G998B using Tapatalk

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
Imagine if they called a game off because it was 32 degrees. Good grief.

What the club need to do is sort out access to water - might be sensible to wave the bottle top ban for one game only and allow people to bring one bottle of water each which can be refilled.

Sent from my SM-G998B using Tapatalk
Lol they will see it as an opportunity to profit on water.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
The ESL sun trap is going to be 40°+.

I wonder if the club will make any concession over what we can take in.

pb21

Apr 23, 2010
The ESL sun trap is going to be 40°+.

I wonder if the club will make any concession over what we can take in.

Isn't the East Stand actually 'north north east' facing, you're going to be getting off relatively scot free.

The West stand, 'south south west' facing, is going to get absolutely mullered, particularly with he WSU glazed façade :flameboun

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Isn't the East Stand actually 'north north east' facing, you're going to be getting off relatively scot free.

The West stand, 'south south west' facing, is going to get absolutely mullered, particularly with he WSU glazed façade :flameboun

No, absolutely not.

The ESL in August is hotter than Jeremy Sacramento's mum, and it's never been as hot as it will be on Saturday.

I will be in the shade at some point In the first half.
Other won't at all.

Last edited:

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill

Behave. No need to panic as temps likely to be low 30s. Been plenty of times during our lifetime that the temperatures have been a bit like this. Only sensationalised because of the new warning system brought in last year.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill

Will be in the shade by KO. Anyone in ESL will get cooked though.

pb21

Apr 23, 2010
No, absolutely not.

The ESL in August is hotter than Jeremy Sacramento's mum, and it's never been as hot as it will be on Saturday.

I will be in the shade at some point In the first half.
Other won't at all.

Will be in the shade by KO. Anyone in ESL will get cooked though.

Ah yes, I was being dim, I was thinking pre-match in the concourse, not during, that wont be pleasant at all.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here