Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Amazon

Tubby Mondays

Dec 8, 2005
A Crack House
Its out of order the way its being cut down, leaving Stings mate with the funny lip without a hut! Nevermind special offers and so forth go and plant some trees out there or give a bed for the night!

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
Removed. Please do not encourage users to use affiliates other than those on NSC. NSC is reliant on affiliate income to survive

Last edited by a moderator:

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Removed. Please do not encourage users to use affiliates other than those on NSC. NSC is reliant on affiliate income to survive

Tut Tut Mr Super Phil :laugh::laugh:

tedebear

Legal Alien
Jul 7, 2003
In my computer
If the websites at the top of the page ever worked you will notice that a few discount voucher web sites pop up every now and then - sadly mostly american - but may be useful!

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
I presume Bozza's on a piss-take there!

Not at all. If someone is buying a £500 television, simply by clicking on the Amazon link above and then making the purchase is likely to earn NSC around £20 or so. Relative to what those little ads at the top of the page usually bring in - it's big money.

NSC costs approx. £90 per month to run and I'm no longer willing to personally fund it as I did in the early days. Affiliate income is crucial for the long-term health of NSC.

We're currently building a specific (database driven) page to try and drive up the affiliate income that NSC earns:

http://www.northstandchat.com/shopping/mainpage.php

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
The state of NSC's finances can be viewed here if you are interested.

There is a reasonable sum of money in the pot but if there was nothing coming in, NSC would be broke in 2 years or so.

Woodchip

It's all about the bikes
Aug 28, 2004
Shaky Town, NZ
But surely that is a very dictaorial way to run the forum. OK, so moderation is hardly a democracy, but still!!! Does this mean that you'll be removing the web bargains forum, "as it's not an affiliate"?

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
But surely that is a very dictaorial way to run the forum. OK, so moderation is hardly a democracy, but still!!! Does this mean that you'll be removing the web bargains forum, "as it's not an affiliate"?

You may consider it dictatorial but it's the way a lot of sites operate that rely on advertising and affiliate income.

Just to make it clear - NSC is as easy going as it's always been with regard to links to other sites. However, should people directly post competing affiliate ads then they will be removed, should I notice them. Such occurrences are relatively few and far between from what I see.

I actually added the web bargains forum myself so that I could post links to deals on offer with our affiliates. I won't pretend the intention was anything other than driving up NSC income. Of course there are many deals which are on sites that do not offer affiliate deals. Where someone posts a deal with someone we have an affiliate arrangement with, I'll edit the URL to include the NSC affiliate component such that NSC benefits from any purchases that are made.

Woodchip

It's all about the bikes
Aug 28, 2004
Shaky Town, NZ
OK, may have jumped the gun here...

Did Phil post a tradedoubler link, affiliated to oldfootballshirts.com? If so, sorry Bozza, I may have over reacted. It wasn't overly clear in your edit of his post.

I shall now sup my pint, get my jacket, and leave quietly with the dog under my arm.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here