Amazingly biased reporting, from Fox.

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Watching The Daily Show, (liberal), last night, they pointed out some unbelievable reporting from Fox News (extreme right wing).

There was a protest in Washington, about health care, Fox supporting any anti Obhama protest said it was between 20-45,000 people. The Washington Post said nearer 10,000.
The coverage showed close ups of the demo, then cut back to the 'bigger picture', a massive protest.

Sadly for Fox the close ups were on a sunny autumnal day, whereas the big picture huge protest was clearly an overcast summers day, with green trees etc, a completely different protest about another subject.

Didn't half make me glad of the BBC, with all it's failings.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
There was an episode a couple of months back where they showed Glenn Beck (fox presenter of his opinion show) praising the current health care system in america as the best in the world. TDS then showed the same Glenn Beck on his old show (not on fox) criticising the health care system after haemorrhoid surgery went wrong. (And last friday did a hilarious segment where he imitated Glenn Beck's "reporting" style)

He also dedicated an entire half of his show to just ripping into Fox about two weeks ago. Fantastic stuff.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
There was a protest in Washington, about health care, Fox supporting any anti Obhama protest said it was between 20-45,000 people. The Washington Post said nearer 10,000.

you always have to be suspcious of estimates with such a large range. 40-45k allows for error, 20-45k just shows you're making it up.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
The daily show website videos don't always work in Britain, you might have to go to the Channel 4 website and follow the links to more 4 and daily show then onto the 4oD player or you can probably go straight to 4oD then find TDS.

Mr Blunt

Apr 21, 2008
Brighton
I'm not going to disagree with you about Fox being biased to its audience, however I don't thinks it extreme right wing as stated above. Additional every news channels even the liberals ones are bias to there audiences,that's the way it works.

daveinprague

Oct 1, 2009
Prague, Czech Republic
Theres being biased, and theres manipulation.
During the 'kids singing about Obama' hate fest on Fox..
They reported that the incident was earlier in the summer, despite
every other news station getting it right, ie February (fecking early summer!!), just after the election (shock,
horror, school kids singing about a significant American historical event, less than
a month after the event) but early summer fitted the Republican agenda at the time.
Now they are manipulating video images to promote Republican events to make them
look larger. Thats not bias.Thats lying.

Last edited:

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I'm not going to disagree with you about Fox being biased to its audience, however I don't thinks it extreme right wing as stated above. Additional every news channels even the liberals ones are bias to there audiences,that's the way it works.

Yeah deffo, I was just explaining the different perspectives the point was coming from. Extreme right wasn't my 1st choice :lol:

The Daily Show is my only consistant reference point for American politics, hence the skewed opinion.

Marc

Jul 6, 2003
Pennywise - FoxTV:

Make way for the next sensation
Factual Manipulation
Stay tuned for the next creation
Department of misinformation
Arrogance that makes you shiver
Ignorance and we deliver
If truth doesn't count fo something
I choose to believe in nothing
It's primetime for the middle class
You don't like it shove it up your ass
Fair and balanced prejury
And it's all on Fox TV
Delusion will rule day in this society
Intellectual property in bankruptcy
And you can't escape
We've been sold out we can get out
Lies sold tragedy all on your TV
Fabricated Journalism
Junk News and Jingoism
Media's our new religion
The pulpit is your television
Got news and we're comin' at ya
Network TV propaganda
Our credibility is degrading
We're patriots for Nielsen ratings

Robdinho

Jul 26, 2004
Ridiculous but true:

In February 2003, a Florida Court of Appeals unanimously agreed with an assertion by FOX News that there is no rule against distorting or falsifying the news in the United States.

Effectively they have the legal right to make up the news. None of it has to have actually happened.

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
So, Fox is as bad as the BBC, Channel 4 and Sky TV, what a suprise. At least we don't have to watch Fox over here.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
So, Fox is as bad as the BBC, Channel 4 and Sky TV, what a suprise. At least we don't have to watch Fox over here.

Fox News is on Sky , Virgin & Freesat. They always report news with a strong right wing bias , the fact that Obama is a Democrat and black makes them even more rabid than normal.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
(shock,
horror, school kids singing about a significant American historical event, less than
a month after the event).

More than that, it was black history month; and they the obama bit was one verse of a song that included reference to many notable african americans.

Fox aren't even consistent. They change their view all the time with Bush as president protesting was unamerican, with Obama in charge it's the most patriotic thing anyone can do. When Jamie Lynn Spears announced she was pregnant, she was an example of bad parenting, neglect and a sign of a failing society. When Bristol Palin fell pregnant, it was a private family issue and if they're not a burden on the state it's none of the media's business, and so on.

There's having political leanings, as most news stations no, then there's downright bias, which Fox has (which is made all the worse by a. their "Fair and Balanced" slogan, and b. the fact so many americans actually believe fox are fair and balanced)

Last edited:

GNF on Tour

Registered Twunt
Jul 7, 2003
Auckland
I remember the first time I watched Fox, for the first two minutes I honestly thought I was watching a US media spoof show, like the Day Today.

Ridiculous but true:

In February 2003, a Florida Court of Appeals unanimously agreed with an assertion by FOX News that there is no rule against distorting or falsifying the news in the United States.

Effectively they have the legal right to make up the news. None of it has to have actually happened.

Saw this part of the above documentary in A2 Media last year. From what I gathered it was to do with a Product that contained a potentially cancerous substance that was banned in most developed countries but not the US, and the company threatened to pull its sponsorship from Fox if the story ran. Fox would continually not allow the journo team's edit to go through and constantly made them re-write it to censor damaging information against the company and then fired them.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports