Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

am i the only one?

dannyboy

tfso!
Oct 20, 2003
Waikanae NZ
who is very worried about the swindon games, everyone seems so confident we'll get to cardiff. i obviously will be very happy with a trip to cardiff but i cant see it

someone make me believe:drink:

DTES

Jul 7, 2003
London
1: Five clean sheets in a row for us

2: Swindon haven't won at home for four games.

We will do it.

Lammy

Registered Abuser
Oct 1, 2003
Newhaven/Lewes/Atlanta
Stand firm at Swindon.

Romp home at Withdean!!!

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Agreed Danny, we have a crap record against Swindon.

But then so did Cardiff against Bristol City last season.

To make you feel better, how does this sound?

Saturday afternoon- Division 1 play off final. Bobby Zamora scores last minute winner to defeat Elephant Man's Palace team at the Millennium stadium. Thousands of Brighton fans already in Cardiff bars and hotels jump for joy.

Sunday afternoon- 30,000 Albion fans celebrate as Guy Butters beats Bristol City with a 30 yard overhead kick to seal promotion to Division 1. Banners around the stadium proclaim that Bobby Zamora is "once a Seagull, always a Seagull. Palace 0 Bobby 1"

The weekend to end all weekends, eh?

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
I'm nervous Danny, I can't really say I believe we're significantly better than Swindon. We finished 4 points clear of them but on the other hand, they have outplayed us twice this season and have been leading us in the league for the past 3 months until very recently.

The 5 clean sheets worry me too - that's a record that is going to give at some point. :nono:

bobbyzee

Feb 17, 2004
Division 1
edna krabappel said:
Agreed Danny, we have a crap record against Swindon.

But then so did Cardiff against Bristol City last season.

To make you feel better, how does this sound?

Saturday afternoon- Division 1 play off final. Bobby Zamora scores last minute winner to defeat Elephant Man's Palace team at the Millennium stadium. Thousands of Brighton fans already in Cardiff bars and hotels jump for joy.

Sunday afternoon- 30,000 Albion fans celebrate as Guy Butters beats Bristol City with a 30 yard overhead kick to seal promotion to Division 1. Banners around the stadium proclaim that Bobby Zamora is "once a Seagull, always a Seagull. Palace 0 Bobby 1"

The weekend to end all weekends, eh?
:lolol: :clap2: :lolol: :clap2: :lolol: :clap2:

dannyboy

tfso!
Oct 20, 2003
Waikanae NZ
edna i love you

do you want to get married?

that would be the best day of my life and i would seriously be in tears for a week:dunce:

but i cant see it

make me believe

i want to
i must:shootself :drink:

chips and gravy

Jan 5, 2004
worthing
Both games will be tough. If you want a good omen consider this. In 1990-91 we were lucky to draw 0-0 at home against Millwall and were comprehensively beaten 3-0 at The Den. In the play-offs we demolished them in both games.

Don't read too much into the league form. Just enjoy the experience and know that if it doesn't happen, there will always be next season, when we get our Championship back!

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
I think it's all feasible apart from the Butters o/h kick, which would rock the Millennium stadium to its very foundations.

Why don't we all make Dowie voodoo dolls and project our negative thoughts through them?

500 mini Dowies with pins stuck in them should easily be enough to put the hex on Palace's Cardiff dreams. I will post a picture of mine on here when I've done it

:lolol:

Come on Danny, keep the faith! (to quote a former Albion favourite).

Or, to quote Fox Mulder: I want to believe...

Nov 3, 2003
IMHO im more confident of beating Swindon than Bristol City which i think could go either way (assuming we met them in final) we did however fail to beat Swindon though you can take into account current form the play offs down to the on the day situation take Aldershot finished about 20 points below Hereford yet they beat them and are in final which incidentally ko 1pm think is or sky prog begins then for 2pm before Albions away leg at Swindon - both live on Sky TV.

Hart's mistress

Mar 7, 2004
Brighton
Danny, you've got to believe, that's half the fun of playoffs, it's like the start of the season all over again - everyone thinks they're going to do it, marvellous

Hannibal smith

Jul 7, 2003
Kenilworth
I'm likewise worried but more confident than I was a few weeks ago. Swindon have stumbled into the play offs, whereas we are arguably the form team of the 4 at the moment. Also when we played Swindon at Withdean the best player on the pitch by some distance was one James Milner - He isn't there any more. Two other plus point are our injury list - It is effectively non existent excluding Blackwell & Rodger who have been missing all year in any case. I would also say that Roberts, Carpenter & Cullip are in the form of the season at the moment (In contrast to Leon who is going through a profligate patch)

I make us marginal favourites but no more than that. I think we have 5 key players, not all of them big names. Virgo and Harding need big games in defence - we don't need them freezing due to the occasion. Oatway and Jones need to work on their ball retention for a game of this magnitude - I don't think we can give it away cheaply. Finally Leon. The last thing we need is him rolling around as if he has been shot, getting booked for mouthing off or worse getting himself sent off.

albiongirl

Jul 10, 2003
mileoak
I'm nervous but I have faith in our players and the fact we have the best support will this time be a huge factor. I can't wait and this season we have done well when we have been featured on Sky. Bring it on I say!!

Brovion

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
We ARE the form team, good heavens we even managed an away win on Saturday whereas as has been pointed out Swindon just about stumbled into the play-offs. If the season had been a few weeks longer I think Port Vale would have edged out either them or Hartlepool.

However my natural pessimism tells me all good runs come to man end - let's just hope we can keep ours going for another 3 games.

Brovion

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
PS - I've noticed even FG's been posting positive thoughts as opposed to his usual 'Magoo and Silent ought to resign and the club should redevelop withdean for all'.

tedebear

Legal Alien
Jul 7, 2003
In my computer
I am not so confident - theres a little voice in the back of my head saying "AWAY GAME...AWAY GAME"...

can't we campaign to get everything played at Fortress Withdean?? :lolol:

Thats why the travelling fans are going to be very important - Swindons home record ain't that spectacular but we need consistancy and faith and it may all just go right!!

Last edited:

On the Left Wing

KIT NAPIER
Oct 9, 2003
Wolverhampton
Brovian said:
PS - I've noticed even FG's been posting positive thoughts as opposed to his usual 'Magoo and Silent ought to resign and the club should redevelop withdean for all'.

Agree ... most strange ...

BTW I think I have spotted you on a Boundstone 6th form photo ... you are three rows directly behind me standing between Tony Lewis and Haggis (i think) ????

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here