Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Am I going mad or is Solly left footed?

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
Why is it only left-footed players are "very left-footed", "can't use his right" or "all left foot"? Might it be to do with the fact that the majority are right-footed?

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
This reminds me of when people in the crowd go MAD at an opposition player receiving the ball from a goal kick and start shouting "HE'S OFFSIDE!!!!".

The sheer bewilderment on their faces when I smugly inform them you can't be offside from a goal kick is always enjoyable.

Its amazing how often that happens, even when I was playing !

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
This reminds me of when people in the crowd go MAD at an opposition player receiving the ball from a goal kick and start shouting "HE'S OFFSIDE!!!!".

The sheer bewilderment on their faces when I smugly inform them you can't be offside from a goal kick is always enjoyable.

Not just dopey fans. You can't be offside from a throw-in either, and I do recall a linesman flagging for just such a thing at the Amex. The instantaneous thunderous abuse he got from the West Stand may have tipped him the wink they he had got that one wrong...

S'hampton Seagull

Oct 12, 2003
Southampton
So left footed we could call him Solly Izquierdo

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
He is left footed but hasnt got a left foot at the moment. Hope that clears things up.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I had a spare ticket for the 1901 at the weekend, so invited my friend who usually sits in the North stand. After Solly's woeful left footed shot towards the end of the Burnley game, my friend moaned "For f**k sake, he hasn't got a left foot". My instinctive response was "He's left footed". At which point, some woman sitting behind me (who've I've never seen before) tapped me on the shoulder and said "Don't you know much about football? I'm sure your friend could coach you", which was met by a good laugh by the people she was with, who I see there every game. They all seem baffled by my comment. So, back to the thread title, am I going mad or is he left footed?

I do hope you were smugging those around you when, in the second half, Solly cut in onto his right foot then just looked at the ball.

sussex_guy2k2

Jun 6, 2014
Part of the problem is his left footedness when he plays on the left wing. It makes him too predictable and ends up meaning we have less players that make driving runs towards the box, resulting in less goals. For me, we’d be better using him as an alternative to Knockaert on the right as his best performances have always come that side.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here