Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Am I being paranoid? De Zerbi

SULLY COULDNT SHOOT

Loyal2Family+Albion!
Sep 28, 2004
Izmir, Southern Turkey
So, last night, after watching probably (as the man said himself) probably the best 81 mins of the season from Brighton, I was a little taken aback by the lack of emotion on our famously emotional Italian. This morning wake up and watch the post match interview and not one smile passed his face. Even more so, he interrogated the interviewer on what it meant to be Brighton and rather on our identity focussed on the fact that we are three big players short in our squad. he looked like a powder keg about to explode.

Less than a few weeks ago he was running round the pitch in joy after beating Marseille!

I am desperately hoping that this is paranoia but is all well in the mind of the boss?

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
He has an agenda to make sure the club back him in the upcoming window.

he is aware of the club policies of not overpaying/wage structure/not standing in pllayer's way.
He is also being offerd a new contract.
Whilst these pressing matters are unresolved, it serves no purpose for him to seem happy.

Playing the situation as he needs to.
If the club want to keep him, they have to show they are willing to adapt their policies, to support him.

I think they will.

KZNSeagull

Nov 26, 2007
Wolsingham, County Durham
He has an agenda to make sure the club back him in the upcoming window.

he is aware of the club policies of not overpaying/wage structure/not standing in pllayer's way.
He is also being offerd a new contract.
Whilst these pressing matters are unresolved, it serves no purpose for him to seem happy.

Playing the situation as he needs to.
If the club want to keep him, they have to show they are willing to adapt their policies, to support him.

I think they will.
And yet he continually says how lucky and happy he is at Brighton, not only in this interview post match but also in the pre-match press conference.

Personally, I think he is pissed off with journalists saying that we are struggling when we are not - not that Jonathan Pearce did in that interview, but that has been the general line of questioning recently.

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
And yet he continually says how lucky and happy he is at Brighton, not only in this interview post match but also in the pre-match press conference.

Personally, I think he is pissed off with journalists saying that we are struggling when we are not - not that Jonathan Pearce did in that interview, but that has been the general line of questioning recently.
I'm sure he is happy.
But his mentality is to push everyone to improve and aim higher.
That includes Bloom and Barber.
You'll notice he has stopped calling them by name, or speaking well of them, over the past few months.

It 's just his negotiating position.
Bloom needs to weigh the situation up and respond accordingly.

Nothing to worry about, in my opinion.

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
So, last night, after watching probably (as the man said himself) probably the best 81 mins of the season from Brighton, I was a little taken aback by the lack of emotion on our famously emotional Italian. This morning wake up and watch the post match interview and not one smile passed his face. Even more so, he interrogated the interviewer on what it meant to be Brighton and rather on our identity focussed on the fact that we are three big players short in our squad. he looked like a powder keg about to explode.

Less than a few weeks ago he was running round the pitch in joy after beating Marseille!

I am desperately hoping that this is paranoia but is all well in the mind of the boss?
He made plenty of positive comment after the match! Proud. Great performance. Even not moaning too much about conceding two late on.

Zeberdi

Brighton born & bred
NSC Patron
Oct 20, 2022
He'd have been rightly pissed off by how the game ended.
This.

Buonanotte injured - after finally looking like an integral part of the team - And geez …. We’ve literally just got our LB back and our CB gets a stupid yellow meaning he misses our first match of 2024 against WHU who are riding high - I bet this is really what pissed RDZ off - at the ref or Dunk - you decide - But I’m wondering how can you be making a ‘reckless challenge’ if you are in possession of the ball? Looked to me like he slipped following through 🤷🏻‍♂️ Or was he lucky not to get a red?

The Grockle

Formally Croydon Seagull
Sep 26, 2008
Dorset
Love RDZ and what he's doing for the Albion but I think he needs to drop the player sales narrative from his interviews, it's slightly Poyet-esque and wearing a bit thin.

It must be frustrating but all but a few PL teams are selling clubs when a bigger club come in for a player. He has been heavily backed and has some of the best young talent in Europe at his disposal.

pocketseagull

Dec 29, 2014
, I think he is pissed off with journalists saying that we are struggling when we are not
I'd be surprised if De Zerbi doesn't think we're struggling based on his expectations? We've gone from Champions League contenders to hoping for a top ten finish. Of course this is all relative and that would be another amazing achievement but RDZ dreams big.

Zeberdi

Brighton born & bred
NSC Patron
Oct 20, 2022
That's not even a yellow in my book.
I’m inclined to agree and I’m betting RDZ’s lack of exuberance at the end was that he felt the same.

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
When the king is dead, another king will come along. Like when Sami Hypia did…

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton

You’re being paranoid.

Berty23

Jun 26, 2012
The media narrative we are struggling this season must be incredibly tiresome. Since the start of October we have been absolutely decimated by injuries. We have played 17 matches. We have lost 3. City were clinging on grimly and needed a deflected goal, Chelsea should have been down to 9 men at 2-1 and got a soft pen so only Arsenal beat us convincingly.

Four clean sheets in Europe.

A few home draws where we should have won but another deflected goal and incredible keeping display by Trafford plus of course somehow failing to beat blades after the silly red.

To be one point off last season after selling Alexis and Caicedo with all of our injuries is absolutely incredible. Genuinely this season has been a bigger achievement imo.

Last night was the most entertaining game of football I have watched for this year. Two teams both wanting to attack. Brilliant stuff. West Ham next for moyesball.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003

I thought it was quite wonderful the way he put the interviewer on the spot and started interrogating him :lolol:

GloryDays

Jul 5, 2011
Leyton, E10.
Whenever he leaves, next week or next season, I think it'll be the right time. I don't think it'll be as private and snide as Potter and whenever and however it happens I'm sure we'll all be ready to move on.

Enjoy him while he is here.

NB - If I was manager I'd also be partly wound up about how difficult we made, what was a 4-0 on the 80th minute, a very scary last 10. I wouldn't read too much in to this interview.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here