Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Am i alone!!!

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
We're like the leaves on the trees. Every year, we fall off in October.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
If we go down, Bloom has got only himself to blame. I can't believe know one has noticed that he has cocked things up this season.

Wouldn't go that far. But the club needs to focus fully on the playing side, with all the outlay that involves, rather than be distracted by any off-pitch book-balancing sideshows. You can build all the hotels in the world but it won't get you promoted to the only place you want/need to be. Only footballer players will get you there.

dejavuatbtn

Aug 4, 2010
Henfield
We are getting to the stage where only guts and bloody mindedness will get the desired results - call for El Abd coming up!

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
I don't think i have ever felt so down from reading these threads on a Sunday morning/afternoon.
The "positivity" from the usual suspects is gaining momentum and is turning into a plague of despair,ok we are not the world beaters we all thought/hoped/dreamt we were, but get a grip its only a game. We have a great stadium, we have people in place at the top who only want the best for our football club and we have a great support base, the down side is we have an injury ravaged squad which over time should only improve, so what if we get sucked into a relegation battle it only makes the games and results more important which in turn keeps the season alive, which keeps the interest going. In my opinion mid table is boring i would much rather have a promotion chase or a relegation battle than mid table mediocrity so cheer up everyone ffs.

Agreed. People who get so wound up over their football team going on a bit of a bad run can't have much else going on in their lives. The Albion are in a superb position these days, so what I we're currently in a bad run? It will turn around. I dread to think what these people are like when there's something seriously wrong.

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
Wouldn't go that far. But the club needs to focus fully on the playing side, with all the outlay that involves, rather than be distracted by any off-pitch book-balancing sideshows. You can build all the hotels in the world but it won't get you promoted to the only place you want/need to be. Only footballer players will get you there.

Short term thinking verses long term thinking.

portslade seagull

Jul 19, 2003
portslade
Oscar just needs to light a few collective rockets and place them somewhere dark to get the players going. I think there are some who are missing that bloke now at Sunderland, think we need to ship them out in all honesty

Seagull on the wing

Sep 22, 2010
Hailsham
Oscar just needs to light a few collective rockets and place them somewhere dark to get the players going. I think there are some who are missing that bloke now at Sunderland, think we need to ship them out in all honesty
Wonderful...half the team decimated with injuries and you want those playing shipped out? Advanced thinking....and GP s introduction to Sunderland has not gone too well...has it!

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath

I think 3 or 4 will go in January and be replaced: we will make a significant improvement and just miss play offs people will renew their ST as next season looks exciting so everybody will be happy from supporters to PB and TB.

portslade seagull

Jul 19, 2003
portslade
Wonderful...half the team decimated with injuries and you want those playing shipped out? Advanced thinking....and GP s introduction to Sunderland has not gone too well...has it!

So you believe some of the players are not missing Him and are just playing shite ... Gus knew how to motivate them Oscar at this time clearly doesn't

Seagull over Canaryland

Feb 8, 2011
Norfolk
Oscar is a young manager who is learning some harsh lessons in terms of a depleted squad and not being able to spend his way out of it. He has been very calm and dignified and to be honest a bit lacking in passion, especially for a latin type. It will be interesting to see if things don't improve if he then shows some emotions and we hear of fortunes being told in the dressing room. Maybe this is his first real managerial test after working within a familiar set up at Barca and finding a reasonable set up at Maccabi Tel Aviv. the important thing is if Oscar shows he is learning as a manager and prepared to adapt to the needs of the situation.

But Gus had some lean spells when he was with us and was quite stubborn much of the time in not changing his formations, inspite of those lean periods. He didn't always have the magic touch when it came to motivating the team either. I actually think Gus's last couple of months at the Club were misleading - I felt his presence in the dugout was largely muted and increasingly low key, culminating in the play offs when he showed no passion at the crucial times. We were abject weeks before at Barnsley and Poyet showed no emotion, barely acknowledged the travelling Albion fans. Something wasn't right over those weeks and eventually we found out why. I suspect the team largely motivated itself and after a couple of ok results the players sensed they were on a roll. I really wonder how much the performance in the 6-1 win against Blackpool was down to Poyet - or the team just clicking on the day? I suspect the present team isn't feeling too confident and needs a lift and maybe Oscar dishing the occasional rocket to get them focused.

Surf's Up

Jul 17, 2011
Here
As somebody said on another thread, at this stage of season two years ago, Reading were 16th. They went on to win the league. Come January, we should have a fully fit squad and as long as we are around midtable and have picked up a few points, we can make a charge up the table. Unless I'm mistaken, we were 15th after loosing to Palace at Selhurst park and look where we ended up. There is plenty of time for it all to be sorted out.

and last season both Watford and Bolton were in a similar position to us after 12 games.

Tyrone Biggums

Jun 25, 2006
Geelong, Australia
I'm cool as a cumcumber about this season. Rome wasn't built in a day, neither was a football club on the up.

Too many premature ejaculators about.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Too many people settle for second best. They give certain players 6's and 7's for yesterday when they should have got 4's and 5's. I know what I expect from a Championship side and the performance at Yeovil was poor, to say the least. This follows on from below par performances v Ipswich, Sheff Wed and Forest. A succession of mediocrity, with the same players underperforming.
If players are not producing the goods, then they are there to be shot at. Don't make excuses for them. They are letting Oscar down but he is the one being questioned.
This has become all too familiar in football in recent years. Players paid more and more and taking less and less responsibility. They hide behind their agents and lackies and when they feel like it, they go on strike. They decide they are not going to play for a manager and eventually he gets sacked. Its now a dishonest game. Its riddled with player power. Players go missing for games on end and the manager carries the can. The game is awash with money and it has made players lazy. They have had it too easy for too long. They now cheat their way out of situations rather than play out of them.
As far as BHA is concerned we need more out of our available players. They need to step up to the mark otherwise the bottom three is going to get uncomfortably closer.

If there's a problem with the players it's that the injuries mean no one's place is under threat. They can have a bad week and knowj they'll get picked again the week after. Buckley, Andrews and three of the back four are already written in to every team sheet. At least Barnes has some competition now.

Mo Gosfield

Aug 11, 2010
If there's a problem with the players it's that the injuries mean no one's place is under threat. They can have a bad week and knowj they'll get picked again the week after. Buckley, Andrews and three of the back four are already written in to every team sheet. At least Barnes has some competition now.

Fair point but these players can't expect to turn in ordinary performance after ordinary performance and stay in contention when others return. This is their chance now. Posters on here have been clamouring for Barnes to play up the middle..." Oh, he's never had a run there "...well he has now and where are the goals? ( and don't tell me he's not getting the service..he had chances on saturday ) Buckley has also been below par of late and he and Barnes are now our main goal threat.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here