Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Am doing a two minute presentation on the Albion tomorrow morning...

thealbionfan

Oct 6, 2003
I have put together a skeleton of what I want to talk about, but would be grateful for any snippets from you guys as to what you think I should cover...I do only have two minutes though...so need to make it snappy and to the point...

Cheers in advance...

itszamora

Go Jazz Go
Sep 21, 2003
London
What aspect of the Albion are you trying to cover? The history? The team today? The new stadium? I don't think you can do "the Albion" any kind of justice in two minutes so perhaps as a first step try and narrow your subject matter down to a more specific part.

thealbionfan

Oct 6, 2003
Two minutes is bugger all. You need to pick a topic to focus on. Mabye a time period i.e BHAFC 2000 - 2010.

Who's the presentation to?

It's a presentation to test my communication skills...I doubt that the subject matter will be that important, but I wanted to pick something that I am passionate about and that I can make an impact with.

I think I will cover very brief history, turmoil and the future being bright...although it is only two minutes, I think if I stick to bullet points I should be able to cover quite a lot...I need to be succinct and to the point...

essbee

Jan 5, 2005
thealbionfan

A few tips.

-Don't clutter up you slides with lots of words -
-Use pictures where possible and talk around those

thealbionfan

Oct 6, 2003
thealbionfan

A few tips.

-Don't clutter up you slides with lots of words -
-Use pictures where possible and talk around those

Many thanks...am not allowed to use anything visual, no slides, no powerpoint, just me and my voice...

essbee

Jan 5, 2005
thealbionfan,

Ok - that's quite difficult.

- in that case - I would go for the history of the Albion 1996 onwards - Goldstone etc - since the chronological ordering you know will give you natural prompts.

fire&skill

Killer-Diller
Jan 17, 2009
Shoreham-by-Sea
Why don't you talk about your first game, or the greatest game you've seen?

It'll be a nightmare trying to remember cold hard facts and figures and your audience will get to see the REAL you

withdeanwombat

Feb 17, 2005
Somersetshire
It's a presentation to test my communication skills...I doubt that the subject matter will be that important, but I wanted to pick something that I am passionate about and that I can make an impact with.

I think I will cover very brief history, turmoil and the future being bright...although it is only two minutes, I think if I stick to bullet points I should be able to cover quite a lot...I need to be succinct and to the point...

Talk about our march to the FA cup final in 1983,and how we beat Manchester United 6-0 with Smith getting a double hat trick.If the subject matter isn't important,like.

It is,also the 100th anniversary of Albion being champions of all England,and therefore,at that time,the world.

Or in two minutes you could change your topic to a compleat history of Southampton FC,though you'd have to pad it out a bit.

Last edited:

Perkino

Dec 11, 2009
Talk about the new stadium and the journey from leaving the Goldstone and why Falmer is so important

Dirty Dave

Aug 28, 2006
Worthing
2 minutes is very little time and will be over before you know it. I would do it something in the line of mentioning briefly:

Intro (where the club are now i.e League 1, Withdean) - Goldstone - Gillingham - Withdean - Falmer

But you'd have to be very brief about the each aspect you cover

daveinprague

Oct 1, 2009
Prague, Czech Republic
I had to talk about a nipple for two minutes in a class in the navy... 2 mins about a football club would have been MUCH easier.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here