Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Alzate

Whitechapel

Famous Last Words
Jul 19, 2014
Not in Whitechapel
Weirdly he seemed to be playing deeper than Bissouma and Mwepu in the first half, Naylor commented on it too. Then again, the first half formation/line up might have actually been a weird fever dream.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
This is a weird thread. If the title had been 'do you prefer chocolate or vanilla?' the posts would have made more sense.

Over to MOTD for the evidence.

:facepalm: last on, 2 minutes, what was I thinking?

CaptainDaveUK

Oct 18, 2010
I was there and thought he did well. Credit to Potter he made good substitutions who came on and made a difference too, particularly Lallana who seemed to lift the whole team. We missed Veltman in defence.

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
Weirdly he seemed to be playing deeper than Bissouma and Mwepu in the first half, Naylor commented on it too. Then again, the first half formation/line up might have actually been a weird fever dream.

I think Potter got the formation wrong first half, but credit to him for changing it second half.
First half, looked like 4-1-4-1 to me, with Alzate DCM, Biss and Mwepu ahead of him, Solly wide right, Tross wide left.
Second half, we went to a back three with Gross RWB and Solly LWB, and Lallana pulling the strings.

Perfidious Albion

Oct 25, 2011
At the end of my tether
From the club website:
“Graham Potter said, "Dan Burn is not definitely out, he's made really good progress, there's an outside chance of him being involved.

"Danny Welbeck and Steven Alzate are also doing well, but won't be involved in the game against Newcastle."

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
From the club website:
“Graham Potter said, "Dan Burn is not definitely out, he's made really good progress, there's an outside chance of him being involved.

"Danny Welbeck and Steven Alzate are also doing well, but won't be involved in the game against Newcastle."

Yup. The way God said it though, it sounded like Welbeck is closer to comeback than Alzate.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
On his way back it seems, according to Belgian media. Standard does not want to let him go, but Brighton have plans for him.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
Link? Adds fuel to the Gilmour story
Interview with the Standard director of football in Sudinfo. Behind paywall but accessable here:

"No recall has been requested for Philip (Zinckernagel) and Filippo (Melegoni). Brighton have come back for Steven Alzate because they are counting on him but we are confident that he will stay at Standard, where he is very happy."

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Haven’t we recalled him then ?

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
would be underwhelmed if he is coming back to be a squad player.

He's a half decent player but championship would be where I think he could make the best of his career.

He's slightly off where we are wanting to be IMO

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Agree. Think if it wasn't for his seemingly endless injury/sickness problems, he'd be a key player by now.
He's certainly been unlucky with injuries, and I'd like to have seen him play more for us - but I think our midfield is pretty hard to break into these days, which probably means tough luck for Alzate.
When is his contract up?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here