Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Alzate

Jimmy Grimble

Shows that there is talent all around you if it is nurtured and managed in the right way. He’s gone from League 2 to the Prem seamlessly just because he has a manger that believes in him in a progressive system.

Farehamseagull

Solly March Fan Club
Nov 22, 2007
Sarisbury Green, Southampton
Absolutely brilliant again today. So strong on the ball with ridiculously quick feet. Incredibly mature performance today and unbelievable confidence.

I’m actually staggered by just how good he is almost coming out of nowhere. He would fit in the Man City midfield with the way he holds and moves the ball.

An absolute gem.

Tekanne

Feb 4, 2015
But yes, Alzate again. He finds space in the tightest of situations which is so encouraging. He's got an amazing future

Richy_Seagull

Oct 7, 2003
Brighton
Looks a real real player. Even in these few games can see he has the ability to turn/drop a shoulder so always looks like got time on the ball.

Very exciting to see how he develops over the season.

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
But yes, Alzate again. He finds space in the tightest of situations which is so encouraging. He's got an amazing future

He does more than that. He makes space in the tightest of situations, and this because the opposition had no idea how to play him. I really hope he doesn't get found out, because his audacity is something else. Potter's got to take huge credit for this. His 'believe in yourself, be bold' mantra has certainly worn off on Alzate.

Tekanne

Feb 4, 2015
He does more than that. He makes space in the tightest of situations, and this because the opposition had no idea how to play him. I really hope he doesn't get found out, because his audacity is something else. Potter's got to take huge credit for this. His 'believe in yourself, be bold' mantra has certainly worn off on Alzate.

Yep. He won't. Without putting too much pressure on a 21 year old, he looks the real deal, someone that will just get better with more games.

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
I assume he could play for England if he wanted to (and was good enough)?

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I assume he could play for England if he wanted to (and was good enough)?
Did he come through Southgate's yoof structure?

If not he'll be better off declaring for Uranus.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
What do you think of him now?
Still blind to a good player?

Another good performance btw

He was excellent against Spurs as were his midfield team mates Gross, Mooy and Stephens and between them they controlled the game. By far his best performance for us so far this season lets hope there are more to follow as 1 swallow doesnt make a summer.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
LAST WEEK:-

Showed today that he is not good enough and should have been substituted even for AJ who surely could have been no worse

He has potential but is not ready yet IMHO

Lets just wait and see as I will not post any more critical posts about him but I think our supporters, in desperation, are building him up to something that he is not.

No shame.

Last edited:

blue-shifted

Banned
Feb 20, 2004
a galaxy far far away
I've heard quite a few people say about Alzate's decision to play for Colombia rather than England that he should hold out, as he may prove himself good enough for England one day.

I don't think any of them have even contemplated the notion that his thinking could be based on an emotional link to the country of his family rather than a thought through, strategic and financial career decision

vagabond

May 17, 2019
Brighton
I've heard quite a few people say about Alzate's decision to play for Colombia rather than England that he should hold out, as he may prove himself good enough for England one day.

I don't think any of them have even contemplated the notion that his thinking could be based on an emotional link to the country of his family rather than a thought through, strategic and financial career decision

Completely agree.

In any case Southgate clearly won’t even consider one of our players for a call up anyway, so whilst he’s England manger the
point is moot.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here