Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Alzate

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
The match in New Jersey kicked off on Tuesday at 8pm EST. Presumably it was hotel straight after, so why would he have been flown to Bogota on Wednesday when that is even further away from London?

Steve Gerrard said Morelos only got back yesterday because of air traffic control strikes in Columbia, so assumed Alzate would also have been delayed

I would have thought that the club would have paid for an upgrade for him to first class if he wasnt already in that so that he could sleep all the way home.
Why should the Club have to stump up for this?
If the Columbian FA won't, then it's up to Alzate himself to get himself in a position to play in the next match for a club who are paying him what, £40,000+? per week.

International breaks were devised so that players don't miss club matches but some people on this thread seems to think playing on a Friday and Tuesday should mean that a young man isn't up to a full game the following Saturday!

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
If the Columbian FA won't, then it's up to Alzate himself to get himself in a position to play in the next match for a club who are paying him what, £40,000+? per week.

International breaks were devised so that players don't miss club matches but some people on this thread seems to think playing on a Friday and Tuesday should mean that a young man isn't up to a full game the following Saturday!

Alzate on £40k a week!? :eek: Hahah. As if.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill

Firstly, I think others have already ridiculed the £40k a week pay. I suspect his representatives are currently negotiating a new contract since he has broken into the first team but doubt that will be close to £40m a week.

Secondly, you seem to have a short memory. Do you think Cardiff are regretting their decision not to insist on organizing transport for one of their players? Alzate is not just an employee, he is an asset to the club and the club will do what they need to do to look after him. I'm not sure what happens but I suspect that in most cases, the national association that have called him up will pay for the flight.

Wilko

LUZZING chairs about
Sep 19, 2003
BN1
Firstly, I think others have already ridiculed the £40k a week pay. I suspect his representatives are currently negotiating a new contract since he has broken into the first team but doubt that will be close to £40m a week.

Secondly, you seem to have a short memory. Do you think Cardiff are regretting their decision not to insist on organizing transport for one of their players? Alzate is not just an employee, he is an asset to the club and the club will do what they need to do to look after him. I'm not sure what happens but I suspect that in most cases, the national association that have called him up will pay for the flight.

I can guarantee it will not be anywhere near 40 million a week.

AZ Gull

@SeagullsAcademy Threads: @bhafcacademy
Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ

He signed a new four-year deal just seven weeks ago. :shrug:

Young Albion star signs new contract

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS

Didn’t he only sign a new contract last month ?

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath

I would think that the club will want to protect their assets.

Dec 29, 2011
Anyone following his progress at SL? He's one of my favourite players and I think he'd shine under RDZ, but it looks like his opportunity at Brighton may have passed.

Anyone think he's likely to return next season?

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Anyone following his progress at SL? He's one of my favourite players and I think he'd shine under RDZ, but it looks like his opportunity at Brighton may have passed.

No idea why the link is shown like that - nothing to do with where the link will take you! As you will see from that, Swanny does from time to time update information on our loanees playng abroad.

Last edited:

Dec 29, 2011

No idea why the link is shown like that - nothing to do with where the link will take you! As you will see from that, Swanny does from time to time update information on our loanees playng abroad.
Thanks

JBizzle

Apr 18, 2010
Seaford

Genuine question (as in "not a dig") but is he really one of your favourite players? I've always seen him as solid, if unspectacular and possibly not quite good enough to challenge for a regular starting spot.

I was also very surprised to find out that he's already 24. For some reason he seems eternally 21 in my mind

Nobby Cybergoat

Jul 19, 2021
Genuine question (as in "not a dig") but is he really one of your favourite players? I've always seen him as solid, if unspectacular and possibly not quite good enough to challenge for a regular starting spot.

I was also very surprised to find out that he's already 24. For some reason he seems eternally 21 in my mind
You wouldn’t say he’s a spectacular player, but I very much enjoy watching the way he can play out of tight spaces with subtle shifts of weight and well timed pokes and prods. I don’t think he has much of a long range passing game from what I’ve seen, nor exceptional athleticism But I can very much imagine there are plenty here who would love to see him back in the side fulfilling his potential under RDZ

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
Alzates Uncle wanted him to go back via Bogata as he had a suitcase he needed taking back to the UK apparently . Very kind of him
Bizarre but true story, his cousin came round to mine to quote me on some window blinds. Said alzate loves it at Brighton and doesn't want to leave. Would have preferred the west brom loan.

Hoping to come back into our squad next season.

Oh and he fell out with potter ! So will be pleased he's gone. The cousin seemed to think potter didn't really speak to him that much or give him a clear explanation as to why he wasn't playing. Don't think he will have that problem with the new man.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
You wouldn’t say he’s a spectacular player, but I very much enjoy watching the way he can play out of tight spaces with subtle shifts of weight and well timed pokes and prods. I don’t think he has much of a long range passing game from what I’ve seen, nor exceptional athleticism But I can very much imagine there are plenty here who would love to see him back in the side fulfilling his potential under RDZ
His chance at the Albion has gone l'm afraid, he was loaned out for a reason, l really can't seem him featuring for us again.

MattBackHome

Jul 7, 2003
Bizarre but true story, his cousin came round to mine to quote me on some window blinds. Said alzate loves it at Brighton and doesn't want to leave. Would have preferred the west brom loan.

Hoping to come back into our squad next season.

Oh and he fell out with potter ! So will be pleased he's gone. The cousin seemed to think potter didn't really speak to him that much or give him a clear explanation as to why he wasn't playing. Don't think he will have that problem with the new man.
Are you going with him for the blinds?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here