Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Alzate

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
A puff of wind seem to knock him over int the Newcastle penalty area.
He had a very good debut though despite that bit of cheating, it’s good that the U23’s are beginning to come through now. He didn’t look out of place.

Creaky

Mar 26, 2013
Hookwood - Nr Horley
He had a very good debut though despite that bit of cheating, it’s good that the U23’s are beginning to come through now. He didn’t look out of place.

Indeed, he had a great debut in general play - doesn’t in my mind mean that cheating should be ignored. Hopefully GP will have words and stamp out any future incidents - it would be a shame if what appears to be a fine talent were tainted by cheating.

symyjym

Banned
Nov 2, 2009
Brighton / Hove actually
It would be easy to forget about missing Trossard and March the way he performed on his debut. Although Alzates' headed goal was disallowed, it was a very good header. Just like Connolly's delicate flick but for a goal line clearance was technically perfect.

When Trossard and March are back in the frame with Bernardo, Bissouma, Alzate and Connolly fighting for places we will have a good balance of experience and youth. As long as we have a solid defence, which we have, we can afford to let these youngsters chase the ball like puppies and hopefully scoring in the process.

There is a lot to look forward to this season and witnessing this transition is fascinating.

Hastings gull

Nov 23, 2013
It would be easy to forget about missing Trossard and March the way he performed on his debut. Although Alzates' headed goal was disallowed, it was a very good header. Just like Connolly's delicate flick but for a goal line clearance was technically perfect.

When Trossard and March are back in the frame with Bernardo, Bissouma, Alzate and Connolly fighting for places we will have a good balance of experience and youth. As long as we have a solid defence, which we have, we can afford to let these youngsters chase the ball like puppies and hopefully scoring in the process.

There is a lot to look forward to this season and witnessing this transition is fascinating.

Yes, fully agree -there is much to be optimistic about. Great that the U23s seem now to be producing talent that is coming through. I would add one other area where there is room for optimism. Given the apparently good exploits of Messrs Clarke, White and Walton, and also that we have good defenders at the club already, the albion might also be a selling club next year. I am not suggesting we should sell our best players necessarily, but of all the players that we have, surely not all can be retained. It could then mean that when we buy, bolstered by sales, that we can go beyond our apparent ceiling of 15 to 20 million, crazy as that sounds these days.

Gabbiano

Dec 18, 2017
Spank the Manc
[/B]

Yes, fully agree -there is much to be optimistic about. Great that the U23s seem now to be producing talent that is coming through. I would add one other area where there is room for optimism. Given the apparently good exploits of Messrs Clarke, White and Walton, and also that we have good defenders at the club already, the albion might also be a selling club next year. I am not suggesting we should sell our best players necessarily, but of all the players that we have, surely not all can be retained. It could then mean that when we buy, bolstered by sales, that we can go beyond our apparent ceiling of 15 to 20 million, crazy as that sounds these days.

Not forgetting Mac Allister and Tau, who will probably either have work permits or will be sold on at tidy profits next summer.

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012

He looked very much "in place"!

Hastings gull

Nov 23, 2013
Not forgetting Mac Allister and Tau, who will probably either have work permits or will be sold on at tidy profits next summer.
Yes, Hopefully -thanks for that. I must admit that I have only very cursorily followed the fortunes of both - will they make the grade or at least make a tidy profit, do you think?

Gabbiano

Dec 18, 2017
Spank the Manc
Yes, Hopefully -thanks for that. I must admit that I have only very cursorily followed the fortunes of both - will they make the grade or at least make a tidy profit, do you think?

We bought Ally Mac for about £8m, he’s now a star player for Boca and full Argie international. Supposedly Spartak Moscow were interested in him for €20m but that may be paper talk. He’s still only 21 I believe.

We bought Tau for around £3m I believe. He’s now a regular for Brugge, who are in the Champions League and have as good a chance as any to win the Belgian league. Also South Africa’s star player. Now 25 or so, so coming into his prime.

If they both continue like this, it makes it more likely they will be considered as exceptions for the work permit process (in fact I think Tau is probably there already). Both would be first teamers for us, and both must now be worth substantially more than we paid for them.

Saying this though, we have also had a flop or two from our speculative recruits (Billy Arce the most obvious).

Albion Prem

Nov 23, 2018
Lindfield
This. One good game against the second worst side in PL proves nothing except he had a good game against the second worst side in PL.

Why do we always have to big up players on back of ONE game? Search for Florin Andone post the wonder goal for more of the same. Or try 'KLL breakout season'. How true those were.

Can we just please sit on our hands for 20-30 games.

Could not believe how poor Newcastle played, watched the first half and with so much possession in our half could not be bothered with another 45 mins,watching Match of the day at the end of the program confirmed our match was low in entertainment.

Hastings gull

Nov 23, 2013
We bought Ally Mac for about £8m, he’s now a star player for Boca and full Argie international. Supposedly Spartak Moscow were interested in him for €20m but that may be paper talk. He’s still only 21 I believe.

We bought Tau for around £3m I believe. He’s now a regular for Brugge, who are in the Champions League and have as good a chance as any to win the Belgian league. Also South Africa’s star player. Now 25 or so, so coming into his prime.

If they both continue like this, it makes it more likely they will be considered as exceptions for the work permit process (in fact I think Tau is probably there already). Both would be first teamers for us, and both must now be worth substantially more than we paid for them.

Saying this though, we have also had a flop or two from our speculative recruits (Billy Arce the most obvious).

Thanks for that. Lets hope so!

Hastings gull

Nov 23, 2013
Could not believe how poor Newcastle played, watched the first half and with so much possession in our half could not be bothered with another 45 mins,watching Match of the day at the end of the program confirmed our match was low in entertainment.

That depends on how you see it. As an Albion fan, I was quite enthusiastic as to well they played, and thus for me it was quite entertaining. Yes, they should have won, and were it not down to an offside and an amazing goal-line clearance, would have deservedly done so.

AZ Gull

@SeagullsAcademy Threads: @bhafcacademy
Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ

What an utterly bizarre post. Albion had something like 75% possession in the first half, which is probably more than we've ever had before in an away league match, since they've been measuring such things. And yet you "..could not be bothered" with watching the second half, and a potential/probable Albion away victory?

You're clearly not an Albion fan.

kemptown kid

Apr 17, 2011

Can you please change your name to 'Prem.

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
What an utterly bizarre post. Albion had something like 75% possession in the first half, which is probably more than we've ever had before in an away league match, since they've been measuring such things. And yet you "..could not be bothered" with watching the second half, and a potential/probable Albion away victory?

You're clearly not an Albion fan.

I think the name Albion Prem might give you a hint there AZ

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here