Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Alton Towers. Your veiws.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Haven't been for a few years but it seemed very expensive compared to theme parks in the US.

Though about the same (ie overpriced) as Chessington, Thorpe Park etc.

csider

Dec 11, 2006
Hove
Went cpl of years back, as we qued outside we were given half price tickets.

Once inside expensive but on the whole, good two days. Stayed at camp site 10 mins away.

The Auditor

Sep 30, 2004
Villiers Terrace
Went a couple of years ago ...kids enjoyed it more than me..didnt think the prices were too bad just a bit of "long queues" that took the edge off the day. Hoping to go again in mid April..

justin

Feb 2, 2007
Brighton
im planning to go alton towers next month dont spose any1 no's where i can get 2 for 1 ticket vouchers do they? there usually on cereal boxes and stuff but i dont seem to be able to find any! ???

Mar 4, 2008
Burgess Hill!
Alton Towers is class! Much better than Thorpe Park. Air is the best coaster in the world:cool:

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
I find all theme parks a hideous ordeal. Vast queues, overpriced food, screaming brats, noise, ripoff souveniers, humungous carparks that take an eternity to get out of.

The kids love the rides though. So for their sake I'll do the rounds once, then retire to a park bench with a decent book and wait for it all to be over (ie when they're ready to leave). But I f***ing dread it every time.

Djmiles

Barndoor Holroyd
Dec 1, 2005
Kitchener, Canada
Tad expensive but fun

csider

Dec 11, 2006
Hove
im planning to go alton towers next month dont spose any1 no's where i can get 2 for 1 ticket vouchers do they? there usually on cereal boxes and stuff but i dont seem to be able to find any! ???

as i said above, got mine on the gate/car park.

Starry

Captain Of The Crew
Oct 10, 2004

Tetley Tea.

They are doing the 2 for 1 voucher. It is valid at Alton Towers, Madame Tussauds, Thorpe Park, Legoland, Warwick Castle, Sea Life etc...

It's the 80 bag box of Tetley Tea you need - the smaller 40 bag box has a FREE FUN promotion and that is NOT what you want!

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Alton Towers is the best theme park I've been to, offering good value - even in the two hotels. Much better all round than the Disney parks, better than PhantasiaLand in Germany, and more exciting and better value than both LegoLands.

But my suggested improvements are:
1) Redesign your fast track facility: One fast track per ride per ticket only, and you shouldn't be able to buy any more fast track passes, because on busy days it shows contempt for the people who have already bought what are already expensive tickets. This is the one thing Disney have got right.
2) More readily available *healthy* food.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
My daughter worked there, in the restaurant, when she was a student. She reckoned that practically every family of Northern monkeys tried to complain about the food - after they'd eaten it of course- in order to get something knocked off the bill.

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
My daughter worked there, in the restaurant, when she was a student. She reckoned that practically every family of Northern monkeys tried to complain about the food - after they'd eaten it of course- in order to get something knocked off the bill.

You know the definition of a Yorkshireman. A Scot with all the generosity squeezed out of him. :lol:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here