Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Already Decided This Coming Season Will Be My Last as STH

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Are you not making this decision a little too soon?

What if the club sacks the "gormless manager", appoint a real one like Gary Megson or something, and end up 17th, would you really be able to turn down the chance to get a good moan every week?

As for Covid you'll probably have to accept it will be going around... forever. So if you don't want to spend the rest of your life locked up you're going to have to take some risks.

Nowt to do with any of the above mate, tho respect for the analysis. Maybe I just suddenly got old. Or maybe I just suddenly got bored with this iteration of the Albion. Prob a bit of both tho eh?

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
Nowt to do with any of the above mate, tho respect for the analysis. Maybe I just suddenly got old. Or maybe I just suddenly got bored with this iteration of the Albion. Prob a bit of both tho eh?

Could be.

Your call obviously... on one hand you might regret this post, on another... lower league football is often every bit as fun and nice as elite football so you might end up enjoy football more than you ever have.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
have Lewes some special Covid secure stand? otherwise confused why thats brought up.

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead
Agree & disagree, a lot to what you say, and l lov e non-league footie myself, regular at Horsham YMCA when the Albion play away, but . . . it's easy to say you are giving up your highly prized season ticket at the Amex now, (l have felt the same on many occasions), but when it comes to the crunch next Spring, let's revisit this then, and see how you feel then. In short it's an easy thing to say, far less easy to actually do.

You’d be surprised. We gave up last season after several decades. Admittedly for different reasons but it all amounts to the same thing when thinking of the adjustment. Turns out I am looking forward to the new season as much as I ever did. [MENTION=33581]Tom Hark, Preston Park[/MENTION] don’t take the ‘friendly’ advice from someone above about leaving NSC. I won’t and won’t ever stop being a fan. Your (our) views on the club and life in general are every bit as valid as those replacing us. Why not Whitehawk though ?

The Wookiee

Back From The Dead
Nov 10, 2003
Worthing
Nah. Just about every club will qualify for Europe going forward, even if it means joining Euro Southern Counties Div 4 :lol:

On reflection and To be fair to you, you don’t need to be a STH these days, I’m just an Albion+ member or whatever they call it now, and I go to the games I can, work commitments and finances permitting.
I haven’t missed out on the games I could go to, even done a couple of aways.
But I get your sentiment, it’s just not the same as the good old days and non league does give you that back, having been to a couple of Worthing games last year.
Do what’s best for you, one thing one change, you will always love Brighton and Hove Albion

twowheelsbest

Nov 1, 2009
Brighton
Half each way from Hove Park on my e-bike

e77

May 23, 2004
Worthing
Your call but blaming the club is massively disingenuous. Are they supposed to be a bit less successful to accommodate you? Also practically no public events have any major Covid restrictions anymore. If you don't go to the Amex anymore you shouldn't be going to any other football ground.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Won’t wearing an FFP2 mask make it safe for you? Cheap as chips to buy.

I know what you mean about the total time. When my son’s away at uni, I find the 4 hours out a bit of a bore and skip tons of games. That’s no one’s fault, I know I’m not an uber supporter.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Slightly odd timing chap. Logisitics shouldn't be THAT much of an issue if you're within 3 miles of the stadium - a lot of people routinely go through much larger challenges.

And we have just officially witnessed the greatest team in BHA's entire 121 year history. Not the time I'd be looking to bail out.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Your call but blaming the club is massively disingenuous. Are they supposed to be a bit less successful to accommodate you? Also practically no public events have any major Covid restrictions anymore. If you don't go to the Amex anymore you shouldn't be going to any other football ground.

The two STH next to me came to the first home game of the season last August. Never saw them again all season. Don't really give much of a shit about catching covid. Prob long overdue in my case. But guess what, all you shouty beered-up mask-free blokes on the concourses and on the trains. Guess where you and your family probably contracted covid? Oh well

keaton

Big heart, hot blood and balls. Big balls
Nov 18, 2004
have Lewes some special Covid secure stand? otherwise confused why thats brought up.

You don't have to use crowded transport to get there, and you can stand/sit where you like, well away from anyone else if you like

rogersix

Jan 18, 2014
The two STH next to me came to the first home game of the season last August. Never saw them again all season. Don't really give much of a shit about catching covid. Prob long overdue in my case. But guess what, all you shouty beered-up mask-free blokes on the concourses and on the trains. Guess where you and your family probably contracted covid? Oh well

just cycle there, and walk straight to your seat, minimal risk, and saves a lot of time

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here