Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Aloof Gatekeeper's Festive 50

The aloof gatekeeper

Oct 11, 2011
Hmm? What's that? You were wondering what the finest 50 tunes released this year were? Oh, well, allow me to help with my Festive 50. Sadly, no joy for fans of The Raveonettes, Black Box Revelation, Me, FOE, The Ting Tings, LadyHawke, Bleeding Knees Club or Jesca Hoop; they just missed out. Getting lucky, however, were:

More to follow.

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
Blimey, this thread, it's not very participative is it?

tinycowboy

Aug 9, 2008
Canterbury
I can see neither the clips - blocked by Websense here at work - nor the Spotify list, ditto. But if Shrag are in the list I'll be checking this out when I get home.

I was checking out your last.fm playlist: 8, 12 and 14 are three of my favourites - excellent choices!

Last edited:

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
Cheers for these. Am enjoying your selection and a fair few that are new to me. I'm going to steal a few for my blog if that's okay.

Flex Your Head

I was checking out your last.fm playlist: 8, 12 and 14 are three of my favourites - excellent choices!
Blimey! That must've been put together 5 or 6 years ago; I'm not sure I can even remember how to make a playlist. Cheers though. I think I shall have a tinker over the next few days and compile something a little more current.
Are you a user on Last.fm? Music and stats - a dream combination!

otk

~(.)(.)~
May 15, 2007
Leg out of the bed
Has inspired me to dig my Super8 camera out

Just need a wee bit better light :smile:

The aloof gatekeeper

Oct 11, 2011

Apologies in advance for the frankly offensive levels of testosterone in this video. Top song, though.

[video=vimeo;51031188]http://vimeo.com/51031188[/video]

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here